Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Network Edition Support Line is DOWN!

Hybrid View

Exclamation Zimbra Network Edition Support Line is DOWN!

We are a network edition customer and are unable to reach Zimbra support. It states that the voice mail is FULL.

We have a production system that is DOWN.

I have called VMWARE customer service and tried to get a manager there to internally open a support ticket so someone at Zimbra can be contacted.

This is ridiculous.

I had to call VMWARE support and speak to one of their CSR managers who opened an internal VMWARE support ticket for them to make room in the voice mail box. Also she contacted the Zimbra support director and left him/her a voice mail. 45 minutes later, I got a call from her stating the VM is available.

I just tired it and I was able to record a support ticket request. Someone just called me back after 5 minutes.

This is embarrassing for a company like VMWARE to run a division as big as Zimbra with such a weak support system.

Right now I just want to fix our issue, but I assure you this incident will not fly well with our management team and as at this point has negatively impacted our confidence in running Zimbra as a production email system. I don't care what your technology is, if you can't backup up your technology with support, it is worthless to the enterprise!

Support aside, are you still having a production issue? Perhaps the community can help in the interim.
    01 Networks, LLC / Cybernetik.net
    Zimbra NE and OSS Cloud Hosting
    Shared Web Hosting
    Consulting Services

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Zimbra support director was paged, someone somewhere cleared the mail box and I was able to get in touch with support and fix the issue after 2hrs of uncertainty. I have to say it was a VERY scary two hours when you have a production system down and the people who are supporting you are absent.

Thankfully, the CSR manager at VMWare Tania L. who went above and beyond the call of duty, cut through corporate red tape to reach out other support divisoins inside the VMWARE family and was able to reach the right people and get this sorted out. I advise everyone to call VMWARE if you find Zimbra support to be down and have them page the right people.

Also to help future users, I was getting a " Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256." when updating zimbra from 5.0.16GA to 6.0.10GA.

Installing LDAP configuration database...done.
    Upgrading from 5.0.16_GA_2921 to 6.0.10_GA_2692
    Stopping zimbra services...done.
    Verifying /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf
    Starting mysql...done.
    This appears to be 5.0.16_GA
    Migrating ldap data...done.
    Checking ldap status...not running.
    Running zmldapapplyldif...failed.
    Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256.
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiti ng.

The issue was because I had updated one of the required packages sudo that the updater checks for before the install. If you update sudo, you also need to update a package called audit or else LDAP will not work!

Zimbra tech support made a note to have the installer check for the audit version as a prerequisite to the installed packages before an update is kickstarted.

What a night! I'm going to get a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by leog21 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Zimbra support director was paged, someone somewhere cleared the mail box and I was able to get in touch with support and fix the issue after 2hrs of uncertainty. I have to say it was a VERY scary two hours when you have a production system down and the people who are supporting you are absent.

Thankfully, the CSR manager at VMWare Tania L. who went above and beyond the call of duty, cut through corporate red tape to reach out other support divisoins inside the VMWARE family and was able to reach the right people and get this sorted out. I advise everyone to call VMWARE if you find Zimbra support to be down and have them page the right people.

Also to help future users, I was getting a " Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256." when updating zimbra from 5.0.16GA to 6.0.10GA.

Upgrading from 5.0.16_GA_2921 to 6.0.10_GA_2692
    Stopping zimbra services...done.
    Verifying /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf
    Starting mysql...done.
    This appears to be 5.0.16_GA
    Migrating ldap data...done.
    Running zmldapapplyldif...failed.
    Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256.
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiti ng.

The issue was because I had updated one of the required packages sudo that the updater checks for before the install. If you update sudo, you also need to update a package called audit or else LDAP will not work!

Zimbra tech support made a note to have the installer check for the audit version as a prerequisite to the installed packages before an update is kickstarted.

What a night! I'm going to get a drink.

If you find you don't regularly use up your inventory of Zimbra support ticket requests, one thing some of our clients do is to open up a U9 (General Question) support ticket prior to doing a major version upgrade. Others just send an email to Support.

In the ticket or email, the client states their planned window for doing the upgrade and asks Zimbra support to confirm that support engineers will be available during the window.

Hope you at least got to enjoy your drink, though I have a feeling it was more than just one! :-)

All the best,
    Mark

Question Zimbra Support Ticket

I have a similar issue, have not called support line yet, but I've found a lot of problems to post a support ticket.

I received a "Zimbra Purchase Confirmation" email with an "Order Info", then I got registered at www.vmware.com/support and there is no way to loggin at Zimbra Support - Technical Resources. I used to post support tickets in this portal.

Then I try to post the support ticket at www.vmware.com/support, but none of the Serial Numbers that I got on the Purchase Confirmation Email match with anything, I'm not able to register any of my products.

How can I post a simple support ticket at VMware Support Portal?

I would really appreciate any help on this.
    - dgamez -

Netnovation Vzla, S.A.
    Zimbra VAR

Caracas - Venezuela

Hi,

I always file my support tickets through here: Zimbra Support Portal

Hope that helps.

Thanks for reply leog21,

The portal shows me: "Sorry, myuser@mydomain is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address."

And myuser@mydomain is the user I created after the Zimbra Purchase Confirmation. What I'm doing wrong?
    - dgamez -

Netnovation Vzla, S.A.
    Zimbra VAR

Caracas - Venezuela

I can't help regarding that. I purchased zimbra before yahoo bought them. My sales rep back then set me up. You should contact your sales rep, but if it is an emergency, you can give them a call and open a support ticket over the phone by leaving them a message.

Quote Originally Posted by dgamez View Post
    Thanks for reply leog21,

The portal shows me: "Sorry, myuser@mydomain is not recognized as a user name or an e-mail address."

And myuser@mydomain is the user I created after the Zimbra Purchase Confirmation. What I'm doing wrong?
    You can also email support@zimbra.com for them to setup the account. The guy working on my trouble ticket setup my account on the Zimbra Support Portal.