Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Error : You can't use locks with log tables (after upgrade to ZCS OSE 7)

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bhwong View Post
    For open source, you may still have a ground to argue this, but not for paid version.
    The product that causes this problem is Open Source (as are most of the ZCS components), you're not paying for Zimbra to fix problems in third party products. This bug in MySQL doesn't cause any problems and it's a harmless warning message. As I said earlier, you should be putting pressure on MySQL to fix their bug.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thumbs up

It's not silly at all. What if MySQL has a critical bug that broke Zimbra. Will Zimbra insists that it's not Zimbra bug and leave it to MySQL developers to fix it while leaving Zimbra customers in deep shit?

Just like previously when ClamAV broke Zimbra, Zimbra was responsible enough to release a patch quickly within the next working day to fix it without pointing finger and wait for ClamAV developers to fix it.

Since Zimbra decided to use MySQL as it's main component, then Zimbra has the responsibility to ensure that it works with Zimbra right? For open source, you may still have a ground to argue this, but not for paid version.
    I agree, especially because some users have critical production environment...

Quote Originally Posted by mattia1190 View Post
    I agree, especially because some users have critical production environment...
    This bug has no impact on your 'critical production environment', you're just creating FUD - this is a non-issue. If you have a problem with this then you should open a bug report and a support case and see what results you get.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    This bug has no impact on your 'critical production environment', you're just creating FUD - this is a non-issue. If you have a problem with this then you should open a bug report and a support case and see what results you get.
    I'm not creating FUD, I was talking about the extreme case in which MySQL have a critical bug that can broke Zimbra...

Quote Originally Posted by mattia1190 View Post
    I'm not creating FUD, I was talking about the extreme case in which MySQL have a critical bug that can broke Zimbra...
    You didn't say that, you just said you agreed with the previous post. If there's ever a critical or security related bug in any of the components of Zimbra you can rest assured it will get fixed, you only have to look at the history of critical bug fix releases to see that and saying anything else is just FUD. It matters not one jot whether you, or anyone else, are using the NE or OSS version as far as critical fixes are concerned everyone has the same status. As I said this issue in this thread is a 'non-issue', it's a warning message - you can even get around it by following the instructions to fix it in one (or more) of the threads on this subject. Nobody in this forum, or Zimbra, is 'pointing the finger' at anyone else - this 'bug' is an acknowledged by MySQL so where is the finger pointing (and before you point it out, I know you didn't say that)?
    Regards

Bill

When someone from Zimbra declared that they won't fix 3rd party bugs even if it's a critical component of Zimbra, it does raise an alarm and got us worried.

I think if Zimbra is responsible enough to fix 3rd party bugs if it is critical enough to affect Zimbra operation, then a more accurate and assuring statement should be something like this:

Zimbra will fix all critical bugs, be it from Zimbra coding or 3rd party coding used by Zimbra. The exception will only be 3rd party minor bugs that won't affect Zimbra operation in anyway.

When someone from Zimbra declared that they won't fix 3rd party bugs even if it's a critical component of Zimbra, it does raise an alarm and got us worried.
    What another silly comment. Who, from Zimbra, has ever given that statement in this thread?

The exception will only be 3rd party minor bugs that won't affect Zimbra operation in anyway.
    Well if that's what you want then you've answered your own question about this bug, it is a minor warning and that's all it is - a harmless error warning.
    Regards

Bill

It's not a silly comment because someone in this forum stated that Zimbra won't fix this bug, not because it is a minor harmless wanring, but because it is a MySQL bug, not an Zimbra bug, isn't it??? :P

It's not a silly comment because someone in this forum stated that Zimbra won't fix this bug,
    I think you need to read what you've posted earlier.

I'll say it again, nobody from Zimbra has made such a statement in this thread (or on these forums).

I think you misunderstand what these forums actually are - they a Community support forums and not official Zimbra Support. People that post here do so in their free time and voluntarily. Any comments made on these forums are the opinions of the person posting, they do not represent Zimbra (or VMware) in any way.

not because it is a minor harmless wanring, but because it is a MySQL bug, not an Zimbra bug, isn't it??? :P
    It is exactly that, a harmless warning that you're making into an issue. It's already in the MySQL bug system so you should contact them and get it fixed.

I've already said this but I'll repeat it, if you have a problem with this error message then file a bug report and raise a support case, that's what you pay for (as you've point out) and see what response you get.
    Regards

Bill

I personally think that an warning message that is emailing out your root MySQL password is a critical issue! MySQL bug or not, you can certainly spend a few moments to at least filter it out for your users.

I haven't seen this error yet, but rest assured I would be very upset if my root credentials would appear in an email to me as plain text.

Aside from that, if it is just a benign warning message that has no repercussions, then just ignore it...