Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: zmtrainsa broken after upgrade to v 4.0

Default zmtrainsa broken after upgrade to v 4.0

When training SA:

Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined).
    ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information
    fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 79
    not flushed
    reading message dean@macworkshops.com@zimbra.macworkshops.com:6 of 1221 (1486 header octets) . (957 body octets) .config: could not find site rules directory
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format

Any pointers for fixing this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi source,

zmtrainsa is run via cron job "45 23 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa --cleanup >> /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log 2>&1".

To run it manually, use this syntax "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa <server> <user> <pass> <spam|ham> [folder]"

Are you already running it in this manner?

Default Yes, I'm running it manually....

Quote Originally Posted by wannabetenor
    Hi source,

zmtrainsa is run via cron job "45 23 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa --cleanup >> /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log 2>&1".

To run it manually, use this syntax "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa <server> <user> <pass> <spam|ham> [folder]"

Are you already running it in this manner?
    Yes, I'm running it manually and am getting the error. It started when I updated to v4.0. Everything else is just fine.

version?
    or

Default Version is 4.0

version?
    or
    Perhaps upgrading to 4.0.2 would help?

Quote Originally Posted by sourcehound
    Perhaps upgrading to 4.0.2 would help?
    It might, but no promises.

Default Some Progress

It might, but no promises.
    OK, I updated to 4.0.2 but the issue persisted. I did manage to fix this problem: "bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format"

By deleting the bayes_seen and bayes_toks databases. There were regenerated automatically the next time I ran zmtrainsa.

However, the .config: could not find site rules directory message persists. A little poking reveals the site rules directory lives at:

/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin

So, could someone please tell me which directory Amavisd is looking to to get the above path so I can create a link?

Default No Takers?

Kick, kick, kick.

I'm more than a little disappointed here that no one is even attempting to answer this....

I really need some info or a hand...

Please?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Kick, kick, kick.
    Yes, that's my attitude when people post that.

I'm more than a little disappointed here that no one is even attempting to answer this....
    You may be disappointed but people get round to answering it when they can, this is free support for free software. Some of us have lives and jobs to tend to, don't be so impatient.

I really need some info or a hand...
    What have you found on google about this problem? Have you looked in the amavisd.conf.in file?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Kicking a topic is a common practice!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Yes, that's my attitude when people post that.

You may be disappointed but people get round to answering it when they can, this is free support for free software. Some of us have lives and jobs to tend to, don't be so impatient.

What have you found on google about this problem? Have you looked in the amavisd.conf.in file?
    Haven't you ever of "kicking" a dead topic on a forum so that someone will respond? I belong to many forums, and don't do it lightly. If you read my post you'll see that I have indeed done a lot of investigation of the problem and have only one small architectural question, which any Zimbra engineer or team member could answer:

OK, I updated to 4.0.2 but the issue persisted. I did manage to fix this problem: "bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format
    bayes: cannot open bayes databases /opt/zimbra/amavisd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Inappropriate file type or format"

By deleting the bayes_seen and bayes_toks databases. There were regenerated automatically the next time I ran zmtrainsa.

However, the .config: could not find site rules directory message persists. A little poking reveals the site rules directory lives at:

/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin

So, could someone please tell me which directory Amavisd is looking to to get the above path so I can create a link?

And why would you work under he assumption that I'm using the open source edition? Maybe I'm using the network edition?