Thread: Blocking unknown sender mails for relaying on zimbra

Default Blocking unknown sender mails for relaying on zimbra

Hi

i had implemented FOSS edition 6.08 with domain name xyz.com with SMTP authetication but still due to some issue i had found that my authetication is getting used by other domain users likre abc.com & they are using my smtp authetication to relaying the mails from abc.co,
    I want to put the policy in zimbra FOSS that if anybody sending the mail from xyz.com then only allowed to relay even though the users is having my authetication

please help me how to achived the same

prasad

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by prasadpimple View Post
    i had implemented FOSS edition 6.08 with domain name xyz.com with SMTP authetication but still due to some issue i had found that my authetication is getting used by other domain users likre abc.com & they are using my smtp authetication to relaying the mails from abc.co,
    I want to put the policy in zimbra FOSS that if anybody sending the mail from xyz.com then only allowed to relay even though the users is having my authetication
    Using SMTP authentication isn't going to solve your problem, in fact it will make it worse. Zimbra, by default, will not allow any external users to relay through port 25 to any other destination - if they are doing that then you must have changed something to cause Zimbra to be an open relay. If you implement authentication and your passwords get 'hacked' then any external user will be able to send email to any other destination i.e. you will effectively allow them to relay through your serve and you don't really want that.

You should get your users to use port 587 as their Submission port and enforce strong passwords on the Zimbra server so they can't be easily guessed in addition you can lock the account if there's any failed login attempts. You should investigate those settings in the Admin UI and search the forums for further details.

You should also update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):
    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.