Thread: Trouble trying to CASify Zimbra 7.0 Network Edition

Default Trouble trying to CASify Zimbra 7.0 Network Edition

Not finding any information specifically for Zimbra 7.0, I followed the directions for 6.0 here: CASifying Zimbra 6.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki (which is really a cut-n-paste from here: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/CASifying+Zimbra+6.0 ).

The redirection to the CAS server works, but something fails after that: after about 3 minutes, the browser reports "Internal Server error", return code 500.

From what I know of the CAS protocol, and the stack trace shown below (from the zimbra server, in ~zimbra/log/mailbox.log), the problem appears to occur when the zimbra server tries to verify the CAS ticket :

2011-02-25 07:45:50,469 ERROR [btpool0-8://zimbra-test.infinityhealthcare.com//zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-753-lV297jpoOz6FBWmE9VP4-cas] [] XmlUtils - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>".
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "br" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>".
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createS AXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalEr ror(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError (Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.sc anEndElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerI mpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerI mpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse (Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse (Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse( Unknown Source)
    at org.jasig.cas.client.util.XmlUtils.getTextForEleme nt(XmlUtils.java:164)
    at org.jasig.cas.client.validation.Cas20ServiceTicket Validator.parseResponseFromServer(Cas20ServiceTick etValidator.java:82)
    at org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractUrlBasedTi cketValidator.validate(AbstractUrlBasedTicketValid ator.java:217)
    at org.jasig.cas.client.validation.AbstractTicketVali dationFilter.doFilter(AbstractTicketValidationFilt er.java:165)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.jasig.cas.client.session.SingleSignOutFilter.d oFilter(SingleSignOutFilter.java:76)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(Set HeaderFilter.java:79)
    at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFil ter(SetHeaderFilter.java:241)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:422)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.h andle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(Debu gHandler.java:77)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:543)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.he aderComplete(HttpConnection.java:929)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:549)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:405)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:410)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

I searched the web.xml.in file I modified per the directions for anything that might be interpreted as a br tag, but found nothing.

I've tried this with v3.2.0 and v3.1.12 of the cas-client-core; both yield the same result. The CAS server I'm using is v3.4.2.

Any ideas what's wrong, and how to fix it?

Thanks

Hello jdetert, any success in CASifying Zimbra 7? I am also thinking of doing such a move, and would highly appreciate feedback from you.

Default yes; i was able to casify zimbra 7.0 and now 7.1

yes, i got past that error, but no longer remember what the root cause/fix was. I do know it was simply operator error on my part, but i can't remember where/how. The wiki article re. casifying zimbra zcs 6.0 is still valid for zcs 7.0 and 7.1. There is the zimbra wiki article:
    CASifying Zimbra 6.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki
    and the CAS wiki article:
    https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/CASifying+Zimbra+6.0

they're basically the same, but neither is complete. So, you should read both, and note the differences. From them, you'll understand what's necessary.

Regards,

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Yann2 View Post
    Hello jdetert, any success in CASifying Zimbra 7? I am also thinking of doing such a move, and would highly appreciate feedback from you.
    http://files.zimbra.com/website/docs...uide%207.1.pdf
    Appendix B Configuring SPNEGO Single Sign-On for ZCS

or /opt/zimbra/docs/spnego.txt
    Last edited by valery12; 04-14-2011 at 04:50 AM.