Thread: Logo Login Banner dimensions changed in 7.0?

Default Logo Login Banner dimensions changed in 7.0?

Hi, I've recently upgraded from 6.x to 7.0 and am very happy with the results, except one thing: The per-domain login logos I had been using did not display properly on the login screen. The documentation appears to have carried-over from 6.x with respect to dimensions of images:

Graphics to Replace
    The following Zimbra logo files can be changed. Your logos must be the samesize as the specified here or the image may not display correctly. Thesegraphic files can be saved on another server or in a directory that is notoverwritten when ZCS is upgraded.

Company logo that displays on the login and splash screens for ZWC andthe ZCS administration console. The dimension of the graphic must beexactly 450 x 100

Small company logo in the upper-left of the ZWC application and theadministration console. The dimension of the graphic must be exactly 120 x35.

Company Web address that links from the company logos

With these instructions, the zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner setting does not display correctly, however, if I provision the domain with an image of 300x48 (similar to the image that VMWare/Zimbra renders by default) it looks great:
    zmprov md mydomain.net zimbraSkinLogoLoginBanner http://www.mydomain.net/pics/mydomain.net_300x48.png

Hopefully this is known errata and will make it into the documentation or the behavior will be resolved for the next point release of 7.x?

Dan

Same here.

7.0 is nice, but logo dimensions are off, both in the login screen and the application screen.

From what I've seen, they're the same dimensions as before.

BUT, 7.0 added a new image for "AltBanner" which is the VMware logo in the upper left corner...

I tried with a skin I had made for 6.0.x and it worked just fine in 7.0.0

The banner seems to be 300x38 in ZCS 7.0.

This is very aggravating and needs to be fixed.
    Whatever the dimensions are they do not match the Admin UI and thus make fitting my company's logo very difficult.
    Bug report anyone?

If you read through the release notes page 13, it specifically says that the logo sizes have changed. They are now 300x48 and 200x28 with ZCS 7 rather than the 450x100 and 120x35 of version 6.

Updating Customized Themes in 7.0
    In ZCS 7.0, the themes were updated and the logo banner sizes have changed.
    If you modified ZCS themes to add your logo to the logon page, splash screen and ZWC, you will need to adjust the logo sizes to fit the new layout.
    •For the company logo that displays on the login and splash screens in ZWC and ZCS administration console the dimension of the graphic must be exactly 300 x 48.
    •For the small company logo in the upper-left of the ZWC application and the administration console, the dimensions the graphics must be exactly 200 x 28.
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Quote Originally Posted by quietas View Post
    If you read through the release notes page 13, it specifically says that the logo sizes have changed. They are now 300x48 and 200x28 with ZCS 7 rather than the 450x100 and 120x35 of version 6.
    Thanks for pointing that out....however it would have made more sense to change the text in the Admin console than to have put it in the release notes. I will admit I read the release notes, but obviously not that closely since I missed it. But once I saw that my logo was off and I went to check it in the Admin console, I did read the size there...where I would have expected it, it would have been better to not have a size than to have the wrong one. (BTW I am not flaming you...more posting this so it is read by whomever puts this part together in the software).

I haven't updated to 7 yet, did they not adjust the wording in the Admin GUI to reflect the new pixel sizes?

Application logo banner preview (120x35):
    Culley
    Mail | Dell 2950III | 2x Quad Core 5420 | 8gb RAM | 6x 146gb SAS RAID 0+1 | Red Hat 5.3 | Zimbra 6.0.10 Network Edition
    Test | VMware ESXi Whitebox | Phenom II Black 3.2ghz | 12gb RAM | 6x 1tb SATA RAID 0+1 | CentOS 5.4 | FOSS, Not in use now

Default RE-zcs 7 logo, custom login, ZWC

hi there, I'd really like a brief introduction on how to go about customizing the login page, add company logo and the likes..any assistance would be really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedfish View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out....however it would have made more sense to change the text in the Admin console than to have put it in the release notes. I will admit I read the release notes, but obviously not that closely since I missed it. But once I saw that my logo was off and I went to check it in the Admin console, I did read the size there...where I would have expected it, it would have been better to not have a size than to have the wrong one. (BTW I am not flaming you...more posting this so it is read by whomever puts this part together in the software).
    Yeah.. regardless of whether it's in the release notes, having it wrong in the published documentation is a problem. Is there defect tracking on the documentation? The release notes should not be the only source of an information element unless that element is describing a known issue that is contrary to the intended behavior or pointing out an already documented change for the benefit of the user (obviously not the case here...).

Dan