Thread: issues with ie8 and zimbra 7

Hybrid View

Default issues with ie8 and zimbra 7

Users are now having issues with their browsers hanging(sometimes to the point of hanging their boxes). What's interesting is when this happens the cpu on the zimbra server is maxed out by the zimbra java process. This does not occur with Firefox or chrome...so it's obviously some interaction between ie8 and zimbra. I'm going to upgrade one box to ie9 to see if that alleviates the issu. If not i'll look further..will use this thread to post updates. if you have nay ideas/suggestions let me know. My wife's machine and my laptop are Win 7. laptop is win7 ultimate and desktops are professional. My tower has sp1 the others win 7 boxes don't. The church internal network is winxp fully updated.

Initial testing shows this to occur in both ie8 and ie9. chrome and ff don't have any issues at all. Is it because of heavy use of Javascript and/or CSS? both of which have always caused IE to fall down.. Maybe I can finally get my users to adopt chrome(since it is now able to be regulated via Group Policy)