Thread: Updating/Upgrading with DRDB failover

Question Updating/Upgrading with DRDB failover

Hi! Maybe a n00b question, maybe not.

I have two identical servers connected with DRDB heartbeat with ZCS NE 6.0.9 on CentOS 5.5. As you know, if the active bare metal fails, DRDB will failover to the other working machine.

Now, my sysadmin contractor has moved on and left no documentation on this particular process.

Can someone kindly offer some step-by-step procedure and advice on how to update this configuration properly?

Do I just update the currently active server? Will DRDB automatically mirror the currently active server?

Thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw View Post
    Hi! Maybe a n00b question, maybe not.

I have two identical servers connected with DRDB heartbeat with ZCS NE 6.0.9 on CentOS 5.5. As you know, if the active bare metal fails, DRDB will failover to the other working machine.

Now, my sysadmin contractor has moved on and left no documentation on this particular process.

Can someone kindly offer some step-by-step procedure and advice on how to update this configuration properly?

Do I just update the currently active server? Will DRDB automatically mirror the currently active server?

Thanx in advance.
    DRDB is a file system mirroring software.
    Your fail over properly is control by heartbeat, a HA software.

The short answer for your question is yes. But I would suggest you make a backup of /etc and /opt/zimbra directories, with zimbra turn off. Then start zimbra and do your upgrade.