Thread: Toward understanding ZCS better

Hybrid View

Default Toward understanding ZCS better

I'm thinking it would be very beneficial for me to get some training in Zimbra [opensource edition] administration. I'm not talking about having someone walk me through the zimbra admin web interface; I've been a zimbra admin for about 5 years, and have a fairly decent grasp of most tasks and basic setups and configuration.

However there are many things that I really don't know or don't know very well... like what config files can I change - that won't "bite me" later. How does zimbra implement it's spam control, (or even postfix) and what's the correct way to "mess" with them? What configuration options are there that I don't even know about that I haven't needed yet, and therefore haven't searched the forums to know they exist, but could really help me if I knew about them..?

I suspect there are a lot of us who would be interested in something like this...

This may not be quite what you're looking for, especially as it's limited to Zimbra NE customers, but I'll post it anyway: Training for open source collaboration software from Zimbra: next-generation enterprise messaging and collaboration.

I do think there could be a market for a good Zimbra book or two. It's worth noting, though, that a great deal of Zimbra is built on other open source software. So you can learn a lot by referring to the documentation and communities for those projects.