Thread: diffirence between mailbox ID and zimbra account ID

Default diffirence between mailbox ID and zimbra account ID

Dear all

could I know the difference between mailbox ID and zimbra account ID .

I have another question
    when a user is retired ,I made a full backup for the account then get the full label & his zimbra account ID then keep it in excel file in case we need to restore his mail again.

when I try to get a zimbra account ID for a user I couldn't find it in the accounts.xml file located in /opt/zimbra/backup

another question is there a retention policy for deleted mailbox
    how can I know it

Zimbra Account ID is a UUID. The mailbox id is an Integer used by the mail server.

The account id is in the accounts.xml file (zimbraId="xxxx"). You can also get it by doing "zmprov getAccount user@domain.com | grep zimbraId"

You can get the mailbox id by running "zmprov getMailboxInfo user@domain.com".

When you delete a mailbox, it is gone immediately. You can restore it from backups, and that retention is based on how long you keep your backups laying around.
    01 Networks, LLC / Cybernetik.net
    Zimbra NE and OSS Cloud Hosting
    Shared Web Hosting
    Consulting Services

Dear Krishopper ;

Thanks for your reply I just don't know how to set the retention policy for the deleted mailboxes all I can find is the stettings of the retention policy of the email message life time and trashed message lifetime.

I mean how to increase the retention policy for some backup session
    I know I can edit for th • 0 0 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmbackup -del 1m to be 2 month
    but I want to remain some backup session what can I do
    Last edited by nashwa_sowelam@avit.com.eg; 03-20-2011 at 05:10 AM.

You should use "zmschedulebackup" to change the backup schedule, rather than editing the crontab directly. If you edit it directly, it may be overwritten by Zimbra, since using the zmschedulebackup command will make Zimbra aware of your scheduling changes.

But using that to change the "delete backups" timeframe is how you will keep them around longer. The only way to keep a single account around longer than the rest is to simply do a full backup for that account only, and then move that backup somewhere where it will not get deleted by Zimbra.
    01 Networks, LLC / Cybernetik.net
    Zimbra NE and OSS Cloud Hosting
    Shared Web Hosting
    Consulting Services

Dear Krishopper,

when I navigate to opt/zimbra/backup/session
    I found full backup with label full 20100601.220004.085
    then I found backupus labeled with user ID

I'm astonished because I found label full 20100601.220004.085 with this date because I made a manual full bachup for some accounts and I can't find its label like full-20110316.123933.392