Thread: relaying email to a second server in Zimbra 7.0.1

Default relaying email to a second server in Zimbra 7.0.1

Hi, i just installed Zimbra Open Source 7.1, all external email is coming by the a mailscanner gateway to the production server and the test server with no problems.

i want to know if they is a way to make zimbra server send a copy email to my production server that runs sendmail, as both servers runs the same domain we gonna migrate users in small groups and we want to still be comunicated to the old server, lets say if i reply and internal email it should be delivered to zimbra server and relayed to the old server (sendmail) aswell.

i can easily do it with postfix but i dont know how to do it with zimbra, i tried to modify the virtual and transport files than came with zimbra and didnt work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Zimbra's MTA is Postfix, so if you are comfortable configuring Postfix in general you are just one step away from doing so in Zimbra.

On each Zimbra restart, Zimbra rewrites the Postfix and Amavis configs based on stored values in the Zimbra server's local configuration.

Except that not every value is stored that way. :-)

So, at the risk of oversimplifying, to get you started here's what I would suggest:

First, get comfortable with the zmlocalconfig command as it is used to edit a number of Postfix variables in main.cf. So, for example...

Code:
    zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtpd_banner="\$myhostname NO UCE ESMTP"
    ...will change what Postfix spits back in response to a HELO (note the escaped dollar sign).

Second, poke around in /opt/zimbra/conf and look for *.in files. On service restarts, Zimbra uses e.g. /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.in to rewrite /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf prior to launching amavis.

Most everything used to be in the *.in files, but those get overwritten when doing a Zimbra upgrade, so Zimbra has been putting more and more into localconfig to reduce the administrative tasks required to complete an upgrade.

Hope that helps get you started,
    Mark

Thanks i will check it out.