Thread: [SOLVED] Web access url

Default [SOLVED] Web access url

I have setup zimbra server on mail.domain1.com and every works fine.

I have now added mail.domain2.com to the zimbra server and i would like to put this url into a brower to get to the zimbra web client. However, it doesn't seem to work.

Web access at the original mail.domain1.com works fine as it always has, but as soon as i adjust my LAN dns to point mail.domain2.com to the ip of the zimbra server - web access fails. I can only get to the web client by putting the ip address into the browser.

What commands do i need to enable the web access for this second domain?

jk

I have been playing with nslookup and dig for a few hours and I am 99.9% confident in my DNS settings.

I have an nginx reverse proxy in my DMZ zone and i can put the hostname of this server in the browser of my LAN pc and it connects back to the zimbra server fine this way (although, nginx connects back to the zimbra server using an ip address). Anyway my point is that DNS from within my LAN seems to be resolving to my DMZ / semi-DMZ correctly.

I'm am also not using Bind either. It is a simple dnsmasq setup with a few additional hosts set in a banner_add_hosts file - so no missing semi colons messing things up.

mail.domain1.com is also resolving correctly from my lan - or it was until i started playing with the virtual hosts section in the zimbra admin web access!

The issue must be with the zimbra machine / my setup of the zimbra machine.

The only other info that may be relevant is that the web access is https on port 444. Also, I recently changed the ip address of the server and moved its location on my network.

jk

I finally tracked this sucker down.

The windows machine i was working on had a hosts setup that was pointing mail.domain2.com to a different ip address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk