Long story short: I was in the middle of upgrading from ZCS (NE) 4.0.1 to 4.0.2, when the rpm install process of the install.sh script was working on the first RPM, I lost my ssh connection.

I logged back in to see that it only had 2 of the 8 RPMs installed. This is when my fun began.

I had done a "zmbackup -a all" beforehand, so I had data to restore from, but it wasn't going well for the LONGEST time, until I found 'zmrestoreldap'. Now, I'm so close (after 13 hours now) to getting zimbra back and running, but hit another wall.

Here's the error I'm getting

Code:
msg - system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException
com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException: system failure: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:174)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:229)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:173)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.UserServlet.getRestUrl(UserServlet.java:157)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeRestUrl(ToXML.java:1355)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeFolderCommon(ToXML.java:217)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeFolder(ToXML.java:145)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeFolder(ToXML.java:136)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetFolder.encodeFolderNode(GetFolder.java:91)
	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetFolder.encodeFolderNode(GetFolder.java:94)
	at com.zimbra.cs.session.SoapSession.putRefresh(SoapSession.java:273)
	at com.zimbra.soap.ZimbraSoapContext.generateResponseHeader(ZimbraSoapContext.java:472)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:195)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:223)
	... 18 more

code - service.FAILURE
method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
detail - soap:Receiver
The steps I took to get here were:

1. uninstalling all zimbra RPMs
2. removed /opt/zimbra
3. installed zcs 4.0.1
4. zmcontrol stop
5. zmrestoreldap -lb full-20061011.170501.208 -t /opt/zimbra-backup/backup
6. zmcontrol start
7. (one by one, I set each account to "maintenance")
8. zmlicense -i /opt/zimbra-backup/conf/ZCSLicense.xml
9. (one by one, I restored each account)
zmrestore -a user@domain.com -lb full-20061011.170501.208 -t /opt/zimbra-backup/backup
10. zmcontrol stop
11. zmrestoreoffline -sys -lb full-20061011.170501.208 -t /opt/zimbra-backup/backup
12. I set one account to "active" and tried to login. I get "A network service error has occurred."

The zmrestore -sys helped with mysql and the logger and tomcat not starting, now everything is running, but users can't login. The admin UI works fine, and I get the same "network service" error when the admin clicks on "view mail".

Any ideas?