Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: webDAV shared briefcase folders

I can rename folder or filename in Total commander only by F6. If I use inline edit with Shift+F6 the same error like in Explorer occurs.

I hope that it will be fixed in next 7.1.2

It is absolutely windows 7's fault.. but so many in my office are using win 7 I cant afford to not use it.. you know what I mean?

You can use Windows 7, do, but I think you'll have to find a 3rd party to provide software in order for webDAV to work properly.

There's quite a lot available

Question hi

hi !

under win7 x64, which webdrive software will you advice to use with zimbra briefcase ?

does anybody have notice bug with sapce name or accent name in folder and filename ?

thanks
    fyi we use zimbra NE v6.0.10 french under ubuntu (FRANCE,Amiens)

I have updated to 7.1.x now and the 3rd party software I was using no longer seems necessary. I've no idea if it's necessary with other versions of Zimbra.

For your information previously I was using the software produced by Gladinet. There's a free version here

I am using native windows 7 support for webdav. Special chars, spaces are ok. Rename of items are working fine from the version 7.1.3. So I recommend native Windows 7 webdav.

Quote Originally Posted by meesha View Post
    I am using native windows 7 support for webdav. Special chars, spaces are ok. Rename of items are working fine from the version 7.1.3. So I recommend native Windows 7 webdav.
    even win7 family have websav support ? or only corporate ?
    fyi we use zimbra NE v6.0.10 french under ubuntu (FRANCE,Amiens)

I have Windows 7 Professional, I don't know if there are some windows 7 distribution limitations.

This might be a little off-topic, but I did not want to start a new thread for this: Is anyone fellow administrator aware of a webdav<=>local syncing tool that would speed up webdav folder navigation? The client is asking for a dropbox client-like solution: The local dropbox folder is synchronized seamlessly in the background and it can be navigated as quickly as a local folder. With the webdav clients I tried navigating into a folder always means a https lookup and rereading the contents and depending on the size of the folder this can take loooooooong.
    I know there is a dropbox-killler Octopus in the making and supposedly it will be integrated with zimbra but is there a solution that works NOW?

to answer my question, SMEstorage.com can connect to zimbra shares and has some nice clients for win/osx/android/bberry.