Thread: Command Line Import for TGZ

Hybrid View

Exclamation Command Line Import for TGZ

We are migrting from a hosted Zimbra solution (01.com - Zimbra Network Professional Edition version 6.0.12) to an internal Zimbra server (Zimbra Open 6.0.5_GA_2213.DEBIAN5_64).

Everyone except our CEO migrated fine. He has 13GB of email (uncompressed, the exported TGZ is about 7.5GB). It has been uploading through the web UI for over a week. The import button is still grayed out, but the admin console says there is no email at all in his account (0 MB of 0 MB). This is my 3rd attempt importing his email using the UI from the TGZ file exported from 01.com.

Is there a way to do this where I can transfer the TGZ file to the Zimbra server and then import is using the command line? This is the most critical email store (our CEO) and the last one we have to finish this migration.

It's going to be big problem both for the company, as well as my boss and me if we can't get him done soon

Thanks in advance!

see this post

» Zimbra :: Blog

i seem to remember seeing posts about problems with large mailboxes and having to increase a imteout perhaps, but i can't seem to find those now. if you run into that issue maybe you can search better than me

Thanks for the reply bdial. I always search a forum before I post a question ;^), but I will search again.

Anybody have an answer? I did find some posts about similar issues, but none had a deffinative answer. Zimbra has a lot of command line tools. I find it difficult to believe there isn't a way to do this on the command line, especially with TGZ file that was exported from Zimbra...

read the link i posted, it has instructions on how to do it via command line. i was saying search the forums if you still get an error doing it via command line, i seem to remember people having timeouts doing large imports

Unhappy The post referred to also fails ......

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    read the link i posted, it has instructions on how to do it via command line. i was saying search the forums if you still get an error doing it via command line, i seem to remember people having timeouts doing large imports
    The message returned is "Post Failed ....upload over 10485760 byte limit. This is an odd limit for a mail server to have set. Seem to be a lot of people having this problem (including me) with no solution. Please elaborate....

Quote Originally Posted by pete irvine View Post
    ....upload over 10485760 byte limit.....
    This limit is set in the Admin Console - 10GB is the default, but you can increase it to whatever you like (within reason I'm sure)

Global Settings-->General Information-->Maximum size of... (last item on the tab)

Change it to 20480 for now (20GB) and try again.

EDIT: You will probably need to restart for the change to become effective.