Thread: Sharing calendars / documents with groups (distribution lists)

Hybrid View

Default Sharing calendars / documents with groups (distribution lists)

Hi folks.

I have a question about sharing calendars, documents, etc with groups (distribution lists). This topic has already been discussed few times but I failed to find in those threads the answer for my question.

Background

We have few employees (say, anna@domain.com, bob@domain.com, etc). Employees work in marketing department. There is a group (distribution list) marketing@domain.com for everybody in the department. Employees in the department should see each other calendars. Sometimes employees join or leave the department. When new employee joins the department - he/she should get access to all shared calendars of the department. When employee leaves the department - he/she should not see shared calendars anymore.

How it works now

Use case #1:
    anna@domain.com shares her calendar with marketing@domain.com - everybody on the distribution list (bob@domain.com, etc) gets access, everything is fine.

Use case #2:
    bob@domain.com is removed from the list - he has no access to shared resource anymore, everything is fine. However, there are two small but very unhandy issues - (a) mount points for shared resource are still in bob's account and (b) bob is not informed that he is not on the list anymore and therefore looses access to shared resources.

Use case #3:
    New employee (cris@domain.com) joins the department.

If admin set zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers and zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageFromAddress properly AND included anna's calendar in 'Published Shares' of the list - cris@domain.com gets access and notification.

However, is admin set zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageToNewMembers and zimbraDistributionListSendShareMessageFromAddress BUT didn't include anna's calendar in 'Published Shares' of the list - cris@domain.com gets access BUT is not notified about it.

Questions

Q#1:
    Is it possible to include automatically new items shared with the list into 'Published Shares' of the list? Users expect this behavior - if smth is shared with the group, new members get access and are notified.

Q#2:
    Is it possible to delete automatically mount points in user's mailbox when access is revoked?

Q#3:
    Is it possible to send notifications when access is revoked similar to notifications when access is granted? (If it is possible, these notifications can take care of Q#2 as well.)

Best regards,
    Alexey

Default Bugzilla those comments

I hope you'll submit your comments to Bugzilla. I'll vote for this.