Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Outlook IMAP server UID error

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    So far regarding this problem:
    - reindexing mailbox does not have any influence
    - installing Outlook on fresh machine from scratch neither
    - upgradng Zimbra to latest ZCS also no avail
    - it is definitelly Zimbra messing arround with IMAP UID at some point

    So, my question:
    Is it possible somehow to find, which message coresponds to certain IMAP UID number? So I could pinpoint the problematic message, remove it and see what it does with the problem.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    We have had this issue since ZCS 6.x

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    373
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Labsy View Post
    So far regarding this problem:
    - reindexing mailbox does not have any influence
    - installing Outlook on fresh machine from scratch neither
    - upgradng Zimbra to latest ZCS also no avail
    - it is definitelly Zimbra messing arround with IMAP UID at some point

    So, my question:
    Is it possible somehow to find, which message coresponds to certain IMAP UID number? So I could pinpoint the problematic message, remove it and see what it does with the problem.
    Hi Labsy. Since there seem to be no definite way to reproduce this, I think it would be best to file a bug report(and get others with similar issues to vote for it), just so that experts can try to reproduce it.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    5

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I Have the same Issue.... I cant use outlook IMAP with ZCS OSE 7.1.1 ... I have a lot of users with outlook 2003 and 2007 and cant access..... It's a problem...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Is this just for imap or connector users or both?

    It seems this is only about using outlook as an imap client. Would like to verify if problem with connector users too.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I don't have connector for outlook (ocs version). Only connect from outook with IMAP (works fine in 6.12).. and when i has been updated to 7.1.1 found the problem...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sae65 View Post
    It seems this is only about using outlook as an imap client. Would like to verify if problem with connector users too.
    Small correction:
    seems this issue only present when user's account is accessed both at the same time many times, with Outlook via IMAP and via Webmail. Outlook IMAP itself seems does NOT produce this error (regarding to my base of 1700+ users).

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    This can be fixed by finding the offending message. In the few situations it happened to me. The user had created new folders outside of the inbox. I was able to (outlook 2010) unsubscribe from all imap folders except Inbox, junk and trash. The subscribe back to each folder one at a time until the message came back.

    With the offending folder located I moved all the emails out from zimbra web client and added them back in one at a time until the offending message was found.

    Very tedious with large mailbox but it works every time.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Labsy View Post
    Small correction:
    seems this issue only present when user's account is accessed both at the same time many times, with Outlook via IMAP and via Webmail. Outlook IMAP itself seems does NOT produce this error (regarding to my base of 1700+ users).
    I can confirm that it is an issue when Outlook and Webmail are both used. We have a number of users which use webmail and when they return to the office and use Outlook 100's of the errors pop up in outlook making the application pretty much unusable... Anyone have any idea what is the cause of the problem and ideally a workaround/fix!
    I would be happy to send logs etc.. if this would help

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] I broke my server trying to optimize... HELP!
    By myriad in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  2. Outlook having problems connecting to Zimbra server
    By Labsy in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM
  3. IMAP error: unable to store IMAP message data
    By ebatte in forum Administrators
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Postfix problem
    By jimbo in forum Administrators
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:24 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •