Howdy,

I've been seeing huge CPU spikes on my system, largely since having upgraded to 4.0.0. It's generally 2-3 times a day, but not always at the same times. For 30-45 minutes, the CPU load will spike to a load as high as 10.00 - 15.00, making email unusable during that time.

Running a 'top', the processes at the top are usually "mysql", "zmlogger", and "perl" (in that order).

Now, I noticed some other threads in the forums that included suggestions of removing the log processing from cron... so last night I commented out the entry that runs "zmlogprocess" every few minutes. However, I woke up this morning to seeing it occur again with the same processes at the top.

I have a decent amount of hardware and a small amount of users. It's running on a dual Xeon 2.2Ghz with 3GB of RAM, and there's maybe 10-15 user accounts. This server often receives less than 2000 messages a day, peek days might take us up to 3000-4000, but that's a trivial amount of mail IMO.

The problem has occured regularly during hours where I'm certain none of our users have been doing email, so I don't think it's related to anything our users are currently doing.

In the myslow.log file, it's filled mostly with entries such as this:

Code:
# Time: 061020  9:38:49
# User@Host: zimbra[zimbra] @ localhost [127.0.0.1]
# Query_time: 59  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
commit;
If anyone happens to have any suggestions of how I might be able to resolve this, that would be wonderful :-)

Thanks!
-Eric