We're planning an upgrade from version 5.0.18-32bit to version 7(latest)-64-bit in the next couple of weeks.
From what I've gathered, this looks like it's going to be a tedious process. Am I correct that the following is essentially the steps involved here:
- Install v6 (32-bit) on new system
- Upgrade current system to v6 (32-bit)
- Do a disaster recovery from current to new
- Upgrade new from v6 32-bit to v6 64-bit
- Upgrade new from v6 64-bit to v7 64-bit
I've got the "Disaster recovery" article bookmarked, as well as a 32-64bit migration article bookmarked. Any words of wisdom on such an upgrade path?
We're also planning on adding a mail exchanger to our network to pre-process mail before hitting the Zimbra server. One of these, the Zimbra server or the mail exchanger, will be virtualized and one will be physical. Any recommendations on which should be on what? The physical box will have quite a bit more resources available than a VM I'll have available. This is for ~500 users.