Thread: HSM zero day policy?

Hybrid View

Default HSM zero day policy?

If I configure HSM to zero day, does this mean that all content will move to HSM automatically? And all incoming emails will also move to HSM directly?

What content will HSM not move? Briefcase is one of them right?

Are you sure what is HSM? I think that you can choose items for move to next storage in admin area.

Imho Documents = Briefcase.

I don't understand what is the sense move all data to second storage (day=0). HSM has sens that actual data eg. 1month are on the main storage and older data then x days/months are moved to the second storage.

Am I right?

Hi Meesha,

Documents are editable notepads while briefcase are files. When I reduce HSM policy, there is very little storage freed up. Moreover, we have only 1 month content in our primary storage and 1 year content in our HSM. So why is it that our primary storage is using twice the storage of our HSM storage? The only explanation I got is that all the files in our briefcases (which is using the largest storage) are stored in the primary storage and did not move with HSM policy.

The sense of moving all data to second HSM storage is so that we can free up our SDA (Boot drive) and reassign a LVM volume as primary storage so that it's capacity can be easily expand in the future just by adding a new partition to the LVM volume.

Documents in the briefcase are stored in the same folder zimbra/store/... like emails, contact photos...

Check your zimbra/store directory and look what is there saved.

Files are not encrypted, so you can see if there are e-mails, documents from briefcase. If you are able to access your MySQL database, you can get more information about stored files.