Thread: multiple shared calendars displayed in one view

Hybrid View

Question multiple shared calendars displayed in one view

Hello,

First of all, please forgive my poor english, I'll do my best :-)

I'm a teacher and my students have to give lectures themselves, and I have to evaluate the lectures of some of my students. Other students are evaluated by other teachers.

First of all, students would put their lectures schedule on the web, and they would be able to modify their own schedule. Of course, students aren't not supposed to see the schedule of other students.

But me, as I'm the teacher ;-), I should be able to see the schedule of every student, and I would like to display on the SAME calendar the schedules of some of my students (which should be chosen in a list).

My aim is to see instantly the schedules of all the students I'm supposed to see and evaluate to organize my trip to student's schools. I hope that it is (nearly) comprehensible...

Is it possible with Zimbra ?

I'm only interested in Zimbra for this usage... I don't care about email and so on.
    Is it possible to hide everything for my students but show them only the calendar module ??

Or maybe is there an other (free) shared calendar I could use for this usage ?

Thank you very much for your help and your advices !

Best regards,

Trucmuche

Scenario mentioned by you is possible in Zimbra and yes it possible to show only Calendar and hide all the other modules.

Lets check how this is possible.

1.Lets see there a teacher t1 and two students s1 and s2.

2.Now s1 and s2 will create calendars in their accounts, lets say s1 creates lecturecalendar_s1 and s2 creates lecturecalendar_s2 [well they can use default calendar as well for this purpose but this just to isolate all the other appointment from lecture appointments] and creates appointments under it.

3.Now s1 and s2 shares their calendars lecturecalendar_s1 and lecturecalendar_s2 respectively to teacher t1 with viewer rights.

4.Teacher t1 accepts the Calender share of both the students s1 & s2.

5.This way teacher can view the lecture schedule of the students in one go and students can modify their lecture calendars at their will.
    If teacher want to see lecture appointment of student in a single view,teacher just have to select/check all the shared calendar of the students.

Hope this give you more idea.
    ~=Prashant=~

Quote Originally Posted by prashant View Post
    3.Now s1 and s2 shares their calendars lecturecalendar_s1 and lecturecalendar_s2 respectively to teacher t1 with viewer rights.

4.Teacher t1 accepts the Calender share of both the students s1 & s2.
    Is there a way to bypass this step ? It's an unnecessary step for my students, since their calendars will always be shared with me (and the other teachers)...

Is there a way to configure Zimbra in order to make all calendars belonging to s1, s2, ... shared with teachers t1, t2 and t3, by default ??

One more question : is it possible that teachers are notified (instantly by email) when the students modify their schedule ?

Thanks once more !

Is there a way to bypass this step ? It's an unnecessary step for my students, since their calendars will always be shared with me (and the other teachers)...

Is there a way to configure Zimbra in order to make all calendars belonging to s1, s2, ... shared with teachers t1, t2 and t3, by default ??

One more question : is it possible that teachers are notified (instantly by email) when the students modify their schedule ?

Thanks once more
    Well student can create a local distribution list with teachers as member to whom student want to share calendar.For the first time student have to share the calendar to the Distribution list with view rights and all the teachers have to accept the share.
    Later on whenever student modifies the calendar appointment all the teachers will get update of it.
    ~=Prashant=~