Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Date Received after Restore from Backup

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Date Received after Restore from Backup

    A while back I lost my server hard drive without a recent backup. I restored mail from local IMAP cache's with not a little difficulty. The problem is that a ton of the mail messages are showing the date received as the date I restored from backup. A quick look at the headers and there is no received date.

    I found a script that is supposed to look at a mailbox on a mail server and change the local file date to the same. But looking at the Zimbra directory structure, I am unsure that this is standard and will work. The script is found here: Fixing mail.app’s IMAP date problem | MostlyGeek - Gabriel - Web Design, Development and Business

    Questions:

    1. Will this script work with Zimbra?
    A. If so, how do I determine a particular user's mailbox directory to point the script to?

    2. Is there a different way with Zimbra I can fix this?

    Thanks,

    Kazooless

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Here's a script (from a forum search) that has details of what needs changing in the email, you might be able to make use of it.
    Last edited by phoenix; 07-13-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    6

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazooless View Post
    Yes, that's the one - sorry I forgot to add the link for it.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Thanks for the quick reply. I had to install ksh to get this to run at all. I am guessing it used to be part of Ubuntu 8.04 but on 10.04 it isn't there. Easy fix though.

    However, I can't get it to run right. I'm not sure what I'm missing. Here is my output from running it. I don't see the folder id in the output and maybe that is what I need?? i have replaced my real domain name with the word "example." In one place near the bottom it just had the first three letters of my domain, so I put in "exa" in its place.


    root@mail:~# ./fix_dates_zimbra.ksh
    usage: [FOLDER_ID=nnnn] fix_dates_zimbra.ksh username
    (to list the folders for a user: echo -e "sm username@yourdomain.com\\ngaf" | su - zimbra -c zmprov)
    root@mail:~# echo -e "sm jeff@example.com\\ngaf" | su - zimbra -c zmprov
    prov> sm jeff@example.com
    mailbox: jeff@example.com, size: 2.58 GB, messages: 45869, unread: 1108
    mbox jeff@example.com> gaf
    Id View Unread Msg Count Path
    ---------- ---- ---------- ---------- ----------
    1 unkn 0 0 /
    16 docu 0 0 /Briefcase
    10 appo 0 0 /Calendar
    14 mess 0 0 /Chats
    7 cont 0 6 /Contacts
    6 mess 0 0 /Drafts
    13 cont 0 15 /Emailed Contacts
    2 mess 3 1323 /Inbox
    194610 mess 0 63 /Inbox/2002 and earlier
    236859 mess 0 613 /Inbox/2003
    235865 mess 0 803 /Inbox/2004
    234548 mess 0 1229 /Inbox/2005
    229701 mess 0 4705 /Inbox/2006
    225389 mess 0 4223 /Inbox/2007
    220755 mess 0 4504 /Inbox/2008
    216127 mess 0 3908 /Inbox/2009
    170405 mess 0 2346 /Inbox/2010
    64697 mess 0 513 /Inbox/Kathy Lee
    848 mess 0 932 /Inbox/Receipts
    27651 unkn 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive
    36865 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Africa
    29404 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/BLBG
    27652 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Family
    35404 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Family/Africa
    28159 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Family/Trip
    29114 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Poker
    29308 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/RCI
    42773 mess 0 0 /Inbox/Z_Archive/Smart Alerts
    4 mess 1105 1106 /Junk
    361 wiki 0 0 /Notebook
    362 mess 0 6 /Notes
    5 mess 0 19556 /Sent
    15 task 0 0 /Tasks
    3 unkn 0 18 /Trash
    194472 mess 0 0 /Trash/Pre-2010
    mbox jeff@exa./fix_dates_zimbra.ksh jeff
    \nerror: can't find mailbox ID for user jeff@yourdomain.com!!!
    root@mail:~#

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 01:42 AM
  2. Received is showing incorrect date
    By sunshineknox in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 12:15 PM
  3. Restore single account failed from full backup
    By fmodola in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 06:27 AM
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 07:45 PM
  5. Date Received Is Incorrect in Web Interface
    By wowzimbra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 04:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •