Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 2.0 compatibility?

Question Firefox 2.0 compatibility?

Has anybody done any extensive testing with Firefox 2.0?

I've been using it with Zimbra for about 5 hours, so far, so good!

Can we expect formal Zimbra testing and an indication that this is a supported/recommended browser?

Quote Originally Posted by jdell
    Has anybody done any extensive testing with Firefox 2.0?

I've been using it with Zimbra for about 5 hours, so far, so good!

Can we expect formal Zimbra testing and an indication that this is a supported/recommended browser?

I believe Zimbra has committed to supporting 2 primary browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox. While others works (Safari for example) I think we can count on these 2 always working.
    Travis Bell
    Consumeroo!

Quote Originally Posted by travisbell
    I believe Zimbra has committed to supporting 2 primary browsers, Internet Explorer and Firefox. While others works (Safari for example) I think we can count on these 2 always working.
    Understood, but Firefox 2.0 is brand new (just released earlier today). From reading release notes, the javascript engine was updated to version 1.7 http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...JavaScript_1.7. Given how heavily ZCS depends on javascript, testing is in order.

Same goes for IE7. Apparently the javascript engine in IE7 saw some updates, no?

Just wondering if any Zimbra QA folks can comment on testing of these new browsers.
    Last edited by jdell; 10-24-2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: fix link

As you would expect, we have been testing and working with Firefox 2.0 since the first Beta. The QA team will take the final version and run a complete test and you should expect formal support of Firefox 2 soon. Stay tuned and we are also planning complete performance testing. We encourage everyone to keep testing and please file any issues that you find.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

I've been running fine (direct connection to the internet) and haven't seen any issues with Firefox2, in fact some of the actions (like drag and drop) seem a little bit snappier to me. However I got on a network that was behind a proxy server, and now it locks up before I even get to the login screen. Seems to be while it is loading the page. I've disconnected, and reconnected directly to the internet and it works fine. I roll back to Firefox 1.5 and connect to the proxy server and it works fine too.

Default FF2.0 NOT working

I have a MacBook Pro 17" (Intel) and a Windows XP System (at work) and Firefox 2.0 is not working in either location. I am using the final release version of Firefox 2.0 in both systems and my server is at version 4.03 running on Fedora Core 5. I have entered the bugs in a bug report...

Bug 11528

Edit: To clarify, I have uninstalled all versions of the browser on both systems, cleared caches, and everything else I know to do. If anyone has some tips or tricks to try I am all ears.

If it helps I'm running Zimbra Open Source Edition 4.0.3 on Firefox 2.0 and I haven't seen any problem at all so far. In fact, it's really running great on Firefox 2.0. Things seem a little bit quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by moniker
    If it helps I'm running Zimbra Open Source Edition 4.0.3 on Firefox 2.0 and I haven't seen any problem at all so far. In fact, it's really running great on Firefox 2.0. Things seem a little bit quicker.
    Yes, I too havene't noticed any issues. I've been running Firefox 2 since RC1 and have only noticed it generall works better.
    Travis Bell
    Consumeroo!

Default Help?

This seems to be an anomaly then. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try to help get it working in FF2? FF 1.5 and Flock work perfectly still. The only thing I cannot get working is FF2. Thanks in advance for the help...

Quote Originally Posted by intrepidsilence
    This seems to be an anomaly then. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try to help get it working in FF2? FF 1.5 and Flock work perfectly still. The only thing I cannot get working is FF2. Thanks in advance for the help...
    I can only offer standard helpdesk stuff ;-)
    - Did you reboot?
    - Did you uninstall/reinstall?
    - Can you provide more details on how it is failing? Logs? Screenies?
    - Debug? You can add ?debug=3 to the end of your zimbra URL, so http://zimbra.example.com/zimbra/mail?debug=3, and make sure popups are allowed for site