Thread: milter denying sendToDistList right granted to external user via group

Default milter denying sendToDistList right granted to external user via group

Hi all,

I have granted sendToDistList right to certain distribution list from another distribution list, in order to manage permission to send to the list by adding and removing users to the second list:

Code:
    $ zmprov grr dl list@mydomain.com grp list@admin.mydomain.com sendToDistList
    Please note that I've put the administrative list in a separated domain in order to hide them from delegated domain administrators, whose only task will be create new users and add them to distribution lists (as normal "receivers", not as "privileged senders").

Some of the users privileged in the administrative list are from external domains, but I've checked they still are ALLOWED to send messages to the list:

Code:
    $ zmprov ckr dl list@mydomain.com user@externaldomain.com sendToDistList
    ALLOWED
    Via:
        target type  : dl
        target       : list@mydomain.com
        grantee type : grp
        grantee      : list@admin.mydomain.com
        right        : sendToDistList
    But even so, after reloading MTA/milter config, the external user messages are DENIED by postfix, and this denial is logged as milter-mandated:

Code:
    $ cat /var/log/zimbra.log|grep milter
    Jul 13 16:58:54 mx1 postfix/smtpd[2988]: NOQUEUE: milter-reject: RCPT from mail.externaldomain.com[x.x.x.x]: 571 571 Sender is not allowed to email this distribution list: list@mydomain.com; from=<user@externaldomain.com> to=<list@mydomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.externaldomain.com>
    Our organisation is a non-profit with lots of working groups with external volunteers who don't have an account in our domain, so granting the sendToDistList to each guest for every distribution list she's on is not an option. We're planning on setting some of the list to be open to all members in the list, and this would be as simple as

Code:
    $ zmprov grr dl listopentomembers@mydomain.com grp listopentomembers@mydomain.com sendToDistList
    but it's not viable by adding a grant for each member.

Is there anything we're missing, or this discrepancy between zmprov ckr list user@external sendToDistList ALLOWED and milter-rejected is a bug? And if it is so, is it already known? (We've searched the forums and buglists and didn't find references to this behaviour).

Regards

Hello everybody!

Sorry for the necroposting..
    The same thing just happened to me on a Zimbra 7.1.3p1 OSE server running on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, does anybody have an idea on how to sort this up?
    I temporarily disabled the milter server, but it is a feature I'll soon need to use extensively for this customer..

Thanks,
    Filippo