Hi to all zimbra admins out there!
This posting is just to let you know what I have done to get the server migration done correctly.
The following descriptions are based on a platform migration only with the same zimbra versions running on both old and new server.
Both servers must have the same name and same ip address.
I took this blog entry from zimbra: » Zimbra :: Blog
Instead of copying all files with rsync to another external harddrive, I tarred the whole /opt/zimbra directory on the old server and scp'ed it to the new server and untarred it there.
In part 4 of the blog entry you have to install zimbra without the parameter "-s".
The installation will fail after restoring the original configuration via localconfig.xml with the following error:
I then deleted the given directory "/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi" and started the installation again.
/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto/Cwd/Cwd.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
Then it went through like a charm.
BTW this is basically what "Stijn Tintel" said in comment #1 of the zimbra blog entry.
patching to the latest patchlevel and running zmfixperms again
/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --extended --verbose
Everything was alright. :-)
Thanks go out to soxfan, who already said taking the old zimbra blog tutorial is the right way as well as to phoenix and CineFXcommunity who helped a lot in my old thread. (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...10-04-x64.html )
So finally I got the server migration done and zimbra is up and running fine on the new Ubuntu 10.04.2 x64 server.
Again, thanx a lot for the great help I got here in the zimbra forum!