Thread: Attachment Blocking : Outlook MAPI shows empty e-mails

Default Attachment Blocking : Outlook MAPI shows empty e-mails

Hello,

A few days ago i tested the option to block certain kind of attachments.

I am using the Network Edition of ZCS 4.02 (currently with the 60 day test version) with RHEL4 as a Base System.

After i activated the Option "View attachments in html only" and blocked a few extensions (vbs,vbe,vbx,hta,pif,reg,scr), Outlook showed a strange behaviour. All e-mails that Outlook received with MAPI where completely empty (also without header informations).

On the Server the e-mails showed up correctly, also there where no problems when receiving the mails over IMAP. After deactivating attachment blocking again Outlook behaved normally. Also the mails that had problems in the first case had no problems (i tested it with a completely new profile).

2006-10-24 10:55:11,934 INFO [http-7071-Processor47] [ip=xxxxxxx;name=admin@xxxxxx;] security - cmd=ModifyConfig; zimbraAttachmentsViewInHtmlOnly=TRUE; zimbraMtaBl
    ockedExtension=vbs;zimbraMtaBlockedExtension=vbe;z imbraMtaBlockedExtension=vbx;zimbraMtaBlockedExten sion=hta ;zimbraMtaBlockedExtension=pif;zimbraMtaBlockedExt ension=reg;zimbraMtaBlockedExtension=s
    cr; zimbraAttachmentsBlocked=TRUE;

2006-10-24 14:32:34,353 INFO [http-7071-Processor47] [ip=xxxxxxx;name=xxxxxxxx;] security - cmd=ModifyConfig; zimbraAttachmentsViewInHtmlOnly=FALSE; zimbraAttachmentsBlocked=
    FALSE;

Perhaps someone else noted this previously ? I do not imagine that the folks at Zimbra have not tested that attachment blocking works together with the Outlook Connector. I would like to file a bug in bugzilla if it is new, perhaps someone could give me an advice which additional logs/system detals could help to identify this issue.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Did you try recreating the profile in outlook after you turned blocking on? You could turn logging on in Outlook for some session information when you have this problem, I'm not sure if the zimbra logs would show anything but you could look in /var/log/zimbra.log & /opt/zimbra/lotg/zimbra.log and see if there's anything in there. I know there were a lot of improvements made to the connector in 4.0.3 have you considered an upgrade to see if the problem exists in that release?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Not sure if we've ever tested attachment blocking under ZCO. If you can reproduce this consistantly, please file a bug and include the repro steps. Additional data that would be valueable:

1. The zimbra.log
    2. The zco log
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::