Thread: LDAP and localconfig.xml

Unhappy LDAP and localconfig.xml

Having fun - the server died after a reboot.
    Kept getting ldap errors.
    zimbra.log
    Aug 1 06:44:28 mail zimbramon[21093]: 21093:info: zmmtaconfig: Skipping getAllReverseProxyURLs Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable Warning: local config file `/opt/zimbra/conf/localconfig.xml' is not readable log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (zimbra.misc). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    Aug 1 06:44:29 mail zimbramon[21093]: 21093:info: zmmtaconfig: Skipping All Reverse Proxy Backends update.

I rebooted and the server stopped working.
    Looked at localconfig.xml and it was empty. How did that happen.
    Look at /etc/hosts - the localhost line had changed to the internal IP address - edit it and reboot - changes back ?????
    ran zmfixperms and bounced it - same problem.

Help ???

How do recover so I can at least migrate off to a new appliance (backup will not run (no LDAP))

I do have all of the mail in the Zimbra Desktops - but they will not sync - despite the password and the server name being the same.
    I was hoping I could get a "reverse sync" to solve the backup problems.

Unfortunately I have been instructed to install two new test servers using two different products to see what we will replace zimbra with.