Thread: Server marking own email as spam

Default Server marking own email as spam

I need assistance on this... I'm running the newest Zimbra NE, it keeps marking mail from my users to other users on the same system as spam sometimes. Does anyone know of a way to stop this? I don't mind false positives, but marking mail from itself to itself as spam is getting damned annoying.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Abzstrak View Post
    I need assistance on this... I'm running the newest Zimbra NE, it keeps marking mail from my users to other users on the same system as spam sometimes. Does anyone know of a way to stop this? I don't mind false positives, but marking mail from itself to itself as spam is getting damned annoying.
    Have you looked at some of the threads in the forums that cover this topic? It's impossible to give you any advice for the simple reason you haven't supplied anything on which we can comment, you need to post the full headers from some of the 'spam' email. Have you had this problem a long time or has it just started or what? You also nee to give details of the exact release of Zimbra you're running.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Have you looked at some of the threads in the forums that cover this topic? It's impossible to give you any advice for the simple reason you haven't supplied anything on which we can comment, you need to post the full headers from some of the 'spam' email. Have you had this problem a long time or has it just started or what? You also nee to give details of the exact release of Zimbra you're running.
    I appreciate the response. I'm running 7.1.1, the newest version of NE. I cannot find any forum posts, perhaps I just suck at using the search. I've found multiple things that are similar, but are usually for Zimbra 4.5.x and don't necessarily apply to 7. I do not have any examples of emails that have been marked as spam, but I'm not looking to change the spam marking behavior as such... I'm looking for a way to blanket white list emails from *@domain.com.

I'm attempted to edit the salocal.cf file, but any time that amavis is restarted it seems to overwrite my changes to this file.

It seems as though there should be some way to setup a whitelist for *@domain.com so that this won't happen.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'm attempted to edit the salocal.cf file, but any time that amavis is restarted it seems to overwrite my changes to this file.
    Many of the configuration files are rewritten to a schedule, if there's a configuration file with the specific extension of .in then you should edit that - it's the template used for the 'original' configuration file. You should be aware that the editing of configuration files is not guaranteed to be left intact after an upgrade of Zimbra.

It seems as though there should be some way to setup a whitelist for *@domain.com so that this won't happen.
    Search the wiki (and/or the forums) for the word "whitelist".
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.