Hey guys, I've been running the Zimbra Open Source version for 3 months strong and in recent days a friend and I have been messing about with Zimbra's XMPP IM chat. We were able to connect pidgin, spark and a few other chat clients to the IM service that Zimbra provides using the web interface, however it lacked VOIP.
So we then installed Openfire which has an equvalient chat server like Zimbra's that had plugin support so we could add VOIP and other stuff to the chat. However we were unsucessful in getting VOIP to actually work, the calls would never go through. So I then uninstalled Openfire with CentOS's Add and Remove program manager forgetting I still had it running while doing that. After that I greped for all possible Openfire files and entries and deleted them all.
However trying to connect again to Zimbra's chat service with Spark or any other chat program that worked fine in the beginning now fails, only the Zimbra Web chat works.
One thing to note is that during the install of Openfire, Zimbra's XMPP server was set to FALSE so it wasnt hogging the port. I set it to true again but it didnt make a difference.
I also looked at the mailbox log after attempting to login with spark to Zimbra and I can see that XMPP is talking to Spark but Spark continues to fail at logging in any of the Zimbra accounts.
I hope this warrants a response from someone that knows how to trouble shoot this a bit more....
It seems like I need to clear Zimbra's XMPP cache or something...