Thread: Zimbra Trial License for Test Machine

Default Zimbra Trial License for Test Machine

Hi all,

For testing updates of Zimbra I make a disaster recovery from the production Zimbra server inside a virtual machine. After this, I have a copy of the production Zimbra system with all accounts (>700), but only one or two accounts has real data from a backup.

With Zimbra 7.x you have to activate your license. I have read the Thread http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...b-license.html, and I try to use a trial license for the testing machine. The installation went fine with the trial license, but inside the admin interface the real license is still in use. I try to update the license via the admin interface but get the following error

Code:
    can't change install type from regular to trial
    How can I use the trial license with my testing machine?

Try it with the --skip-activation-check switch

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    Hi all,

For testing updates of Zimbra I make a disaster recovery from the production Zimbra server inside a virtual machine. After this, I have a copy of the production Zimbra system with all accounts (>700), but only one or two accounts has real data from a backup.

With Zimbra 7.x you have to activate your license. I have read the Thread http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...b-license.html, and I try to use a trial license for the testing machine. The installation went fine with the trial license, but inside the admin interface the real license is still in use. I try to update the license via the admin interface but get the following error

Code:
    can't change install type from regular to trial
    How can I use the trial license with my testing machine?
    Once you have a regular license installed, you can no longer install trial licenses. You should contact your sales rep for a license that can be used for your dev environment. These licenses are provided at no cost for testing scenarios such as yours.