Thread: Server statistics

Default Server statistics

Hi,
    I have setup Zimbra in our office as a test to replace our external mail server.
    At the moment I have only one account that only sends email using the server and receives using the external server.

On top of that I have one IMAP account that polls fromt the external server and I have important all previous local messages into this account.

My question now is that when I check the server statistics that there were 450 message at 2PM on Sep 7. I don't understand this number. When I check the /var/log/mail.log only a few emails were send and when I check the recepients there were only 14 recepients in total.

I just want to get a realistic idea on the number and size of the total messages that is going through this server.
    Could the large nr of messages be caused by Thunderbird scanning the IMAP folders?
    Is there any other log that I could check?

Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing.
    Our server reports thousands of received/delivered when the real traffic is some hundreds of mails.

I believe the daily mail report doesn't filter out in-server traffic, so when the mail goes between different filters (spamassassin, amavis, pyzor, clamav etc) it gets counted as mail.

Default Factor?

I was also thinking that every internal relay is counted, but I still don't know how I can get from 14 to 450? That's roughly a factor 30...

i think when you import mails they get counted aswell, i have been trying to figure it out why i have 13k email count at some hour a few days ago, and that day i uploaded a user email account, so im thinking that importing emails count in the statistics graph.

Hi, im still trying to understand whats happening, according to this graph my zimbra server sent 19k emails on september 22 at 5:00AM, i searched the server logs and i cant find any trace of those emails.

i have mailarchiva polling the zimbra server every 60 seconds, and i cant find the 19k emails in there aswell.

any suggestions or ideas? (i am attaching the graph)
    Attached Images Attached Images