Thread: DKIM/DomainKeys support within Zimbra... status

Question DKIM/DomainKeys support within Zimbra... status

Hi everyone

I realise there is currently this bug ( Bug 11524 – DKIM/DK signing support in Amavisd ) which is still not marked as resolved.

But my question is more about the general plans for implementation of DKIM signing/DomainKeys within Zimbra.

At the moment all our external outbound mail gets routed through a private Postfix relay VPS which is connected to our Zimbra machine via an SSH tunnel. This VPS has been successfully signing our outbound mail for over a year now using dkim-filter/milter.

When I send a message from a gmail address to our Zimbra domain, it looks like the authentication-results header is being added by Amavisd
    Code:
    Authentication-Results: zimbra.ourdomain.com (amavisd-new); dkim=pass; header.i=@gmail.com
    So Zimbra is correctly analysing the DKIM signatures of incoming mail.

Are there any plans to better integrate DKIM/DomainKeys within the web UI and admin UI?

It would be great to have an icon or something in the headers section of the reading pane which shows the DKIM status of an e-mail (Gmail displays the DKIM status under "show details" when reading a message). Or additionally as a separate column to be able to add to the message list. So users can quickly see whether the message has been modified during transit from the sender's server.

It would also be great if DKIM settings and key management could be done from the admin UI.

Is there any way to have internal mail signed?
    Guess there's not really much point in a single domain setup but for multiple domains and hosting providers this could be useful.
    Is DKIM signing on a zimbra server provided as a package within the zimbra installation?
    Or does a 3rd party utility need to be installed?

Cheers, B
    Last edited by batfastad; 09-23-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    My Zimbra Bugs Wishlist: 16411, 24567, 35676, 36430, 37770, 41872, 43733, 44384, 46383, 47759
    And a way to associate mailto: handlers with a Zimbra Prism webapp

Anyone know any more about DKIM/DomainKeys support within Zimbra?

Or will it always have to be handled by external packages?

Cheers, B
    My Zimbra Bugs Wishlist: 16411, 24567, 35676, 36430, 37770, 41872, 43733, 44384, 46383, 47759
    And a way to associate mailto: handlers with a Zimbra Prism webapp

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by batfastad View Post
    Anyone know any more about DKIM/DomainKeys support within Zimbra?
    The RFE you've mentioned above is the current state of integration within Zimbra.

Quote Originally Posted by batfastad View Post
    Or will it always have to be handled by external packages?
    It's likely to be the stated approach of using Amavisd for DKIM implementation for the reasons stated in the RFE, scalability, ease of implementation etc.

If you wish to see further features added to DKIM such as the Web & Admin UI ones you've mentioned then an RFE in bugzilla would be the way to go. If you wish to see internal & external mail use DKIM the try the openDKIM instructions on this blog page: How to get DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) working with Postfix on RHEL 5 / CentOS 5 using OpenDKIM – Steve Jenkins' Blog (although as of this posting the site seems to be down for some reason ). I've been using it for a while on my server without problems but I can't give you any experience of running it on a very busy server, YMMV.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.