Thread: Zimbra & CAS - Almost there...

Red face Zimbra & CAS - Almost there...

First things first - Thank You cfremon for putting a sample of zimbra.web.xml.in in CASifying Zimbra 6.0 with filled-in casServerLoginUrl, casServerUrlPrefix, and each serverName.

I was almost mad from trying to figure out which to put in which - when I realized that unlike the original artikel in JASIG's website, the one here have those tags filled.

I was able to move forward with my effort to CASify Zimbra. And it was also such a huge relief.
    Thanks again, cfremon

Now to the point - unfortunately, I'm stuck in the last stage. After I authenticated by CAS, it redirected me back to Zimbra - which promptly complained :

Internal Server Error.

The server has encountered an internal error.
    Please try again later.

ERROR: 500
    From my previous experience in setting up CAS with Liferay & Alfresco, an error here is usually caused by SSL. So, I enabled SSL debugging, by editing file /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailboxdctl, editing the following lines :

Code:
         sudo ${zimbra_home}/libexec/zmmailboxdmgr start \
            ${mailboxd_java_options} ${spnegoJavaOptions} -Xms${javaXms}m \
             -Xmx${javaXmx}m -Xmn${javaXmn}m < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1
    Into :

Code:
         sudo ${zimbra_home}/libexec/zmmailboxdmgr start \
            ${mailboxd_java_options} ${spnegoJavaOptions} -Xms${javaXms}m \
             -Djavax.net.debug=ssl  -Xmx${javaXmx}m -Xmn${javaXmn}m < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1

The SSL trace was then logged into /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out

And here's something in it which I never saw before :

Code:
    Total time for which application threads were stopped: 0.0004080 seconds
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, setSoTimeout(1) called
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, handling exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, setSoTimeout(60000) called
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, setSoTimeout(300000) called
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, WRITE: TLSv1 Application Data, length = 522
    btpool0-1, WRITE: TLSv1 Application Data, length = 718
    btpool0-7://mail.mydomain.com/zimbra/public/preauth.jsp?ticket=ST-61-GQvbcnCdZCPKOTPz0GcO-cas, READ: TLSv1 Application Data, length = 734
    Total time for which application threads were stopped: 0.0001960 seconds
    To my knowledge, setSoTimeout(1) means that you set a timeout of 1 milisecond for the next Socket operation

And indeed, the next socket operation failed straight away with error message "handling exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

I've looked again into the preauth.jsp source code, but failed to find anything which may cause it. It's probably somewhere else then.

And here's where I stuck

I've searched this forum, Googled everywhere with results even remotely resembling my problem, and so on. Still no clue whatsoever.

I would be most grateful for any hint related to this issue.

Thanks!
    Harry
    Last edited by sufehmi; 09-17-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: privacy