Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Upgrade to 7.1.2 Massive Failure

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    477 Congress Street | Portland, ME 04101
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Glad you are back up and running!

    All the best,
    Mark

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmogu View Post
    hi all,

    Here is what I did to get around my issue - it may be of some use to someone in the future.

    1. I had an old backup that was 6 months old. I restored this and upgraded it to the same zimbra version as the corrupted one.

    2. I copied the data and db and store directories from the corrupted installation to this recovered one.

    3. Started the recovered zimbra no problems.

    4. Used imapsync to sync the accounts to a new server.

    Thank the gods that this worked ! I've had a horrible weekend with no end of calls about emails not working. Moral of this story is ...

    BACK UP YOUR ZIMBRA INSTALLATION PROPERLY !

    Once you have a disaster like this you'll never skimp again
    Just for future reference, where exactly are the DB, data, and store directories located at?

    Also how did you use imapsync for the accounts? Did you have another server with the accounts already made for an older mail server or something?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    store, data and db directories are all under /opt/zimbra

    I recreated each domain and user on the new server. I set the account passwords on the old server and new server to something common.

    I used imapsync as follows :-

    Code:
    #make sure passwords are the same for both accounts
    export PASS=password 
    for i in account1 account2 accountN ; do 
    
    export ACCOUNT=$i@domain.com; 
    imapsync --host1 10.0.0.1 --user1 $ACCOUNT --password1 $PASS --host2 10.0.0.2 --user2 $ACCOUNT --password2 $PASS --noauthmd5 --tls2; 
    
    done
    You may have to change the --noauthmd5 and --tls2 flags depending on your server setup.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
  2. Upgrade from 6.0.10 to 7 beta4
    By alex70 in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 03:02 PM
  3. MySQL errors
    By mludwig in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 04:40 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 05:21 AM
  5. [SOLVED] New zcs 7 install : database errors founds
    By dkbk in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •