Thread: GAL empty on new installation

Default GAL empty on new installation

I just installed an installation of Zimbra and have everything working except the GAL. I've created several users in several different domains with different galsync accounts, but when I open up a user's mail and go to the address book it is empty when I search the Global Address List.

I used the defaults when going through the install and had no problems, and the only changes I've made to the installation since starting it up are to follow the postfix changes here: Split domain with Exchange 2003 as Primary - Zimbra :: Wiki which don't seem to me as something that would affect the GAL.

Thanks!

I have re-installed zimbra with zero modifications to the install process. I still have an empty global address list. Help please? How can I tell if anything is even broken?

if I type ldapsearch when logged in as the zimbra user it gives me this: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (-1

zmprov -l gaa -v xxxxx.com does show that all accounts that I've created are in existence (both of them).

How do I get the Global address list to show up in webmail? Right now if I click 'Address Book' and change the dropdown to 'Global Address List' I get no results found. If I click search, I still get 'no results found'. If I click on a button in IE (ALL, 123, A, etc.) the buttons disappear. If I click a button in firefox the buttons just grey out, still no results.