Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester20007.com View Post
    I am not sure I follow what you are saying. You must excuse me but I am not a huge expert with email and DNS and dont understand what you mean by Dig and host.
    I would have thought that was clear but if not, I meant use the commands you've already used (i.e. host & dig) and insert your correct domain details in there and provide the output in this thread.

I assume that your title of Zimbra Consultant means you work for them as a person on the forum who has the answers and moderates the threads.
    Then you assume wrong, I'm just a moderator on these forums and like everyone else that posts here I do it in my spare time.

With this in mind it would be apreceated if you were to show a little respect in your posts rather than your seemingly rude posts. If that was not your intention then I will forgive it.
    There was nothing rude in my previous post, I merely asked you two questions.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I am not sure I follow what you are saying. You must excuse me but I am not a huge expert with email and DNS and dont understand what you mean by Dig and host.

I assume that your title of Zimbra Consultant means you work for them as a person on the forum who has the answers and moderates the threads. With this in mind it would be apreceated if you were to show a little respect in your posts rather than your seemingly rude posts. If that was not your intention then I will forgive it.

Thanks.
    This should give the correct information about your own domain
    Code:
    dig mydomain.com mx
    "xxx" shoud be your static ip address
    Code:
    host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Basically, I just repeated this for bill
    hidden correct information is just wasting the moderator time to investigate for you.

BTw, I am seek help too on this topic about reverse dns lookup, which I am still awaiting for my ISP to return my request. Also this thread may able to help other people who needed now or future, so please be nice to the helper.

Cheers,
    Steve