We have mail server with zimbra open source edition 7.1.1 with ubuntu 10.04 64bit server. It is up and running. We found that our IPs are blacklisted some times due to spam mail sent from our server and we decided to implement an external MTA relay. Our relay provider is mailcore.co.in they provided us the user ID: email@example.com with password: Admin!@#
These are the steps we followed to point the MTA relay,
zmprov ms mail.myrapidrkv.com zimbraMtaRelayHost smtp3.mailcore.co.in
zmprov mcf zimbraMtaRelayHost smtp3.mailcore.co.in
echo smtp3.netcore.co.in firstname.lastname@example.org:Admin!@# > /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
postmap -q smtp3.mailcore.co.in /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
postconf -e smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
postconf -e smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
#postconf -e smtp_cname_overrides_servername=no
After doing this we are trying to send and receive mails. when we send the mail it shows that mail was sent and it was in the sent mail folder, but after some minutes we receive the bounce message that due to SASL authentication error the mail was not send. similarly we are not able to receive the mails.
Please point out any mistake i have made or give me a solution to achieve my requirement.