Thread: Header Rewriting?

Question Header Rewriting?

Hi there,

I just converted over to Zimbra from a qMail/Dovecot/vPopMail/etc. setup. I loved my qMail setup, but there's just no decent standalone calendaring system. Zimbra fits the bill, so here I am.

One feature I'm sorely missing is the ability to rewrite headers. Specifically, I have an email address I use to collect listserv email. Some listservs will include the name of the list in the subject while others do not. I was using procmail to rewrite the Subject: line of those lists that didn't include a list name. I have been unsuccessful, thus far, in identifying a way to do this in Zimbra.

I'm aware that Zimbra uses jsieve, but it would appear that this functionality doesn't exist in jsieve? I also looked, briefly, at possibly using milter to somehow inject maildrop into the mix, but I'm not sure I understand how that works.

Has anyone done this? Can you provide me with information on how to do this?
    Last edited by XenoPhage; 11-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Has no one run across this? Or am I asking the question wrong, or in the wrong place?

After more digging, I think maildrop is the right way to go. So is this as simple as editing the main.cf file and changing virtual_transport from error to maildrop? Where do I put the maildrop.rc file? Is there anything else I need to change?