Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the Product Portal?

The absence of reaction from any official Zimbra member seems to be the perfect illustration of my previous message : the Portal is closed (even temporarily, that's closed...), the information is still available, but hard to access for a "normal person" (not for any eventual competitor though), and Zimbra development is only open because its license says it must be...

And, don't make me say that I don't love zimbra, the zimbra team and the zimbra community (all of those people have always be technically very responsive) : I still really do, but I'm just concerned about the model behind them.

The more the time passes, the more I fear to be right about my concerns...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Goulou View Post
    The more the time passes, the more I fear to be right about my concerns...
    Your type of comment has been posted in these forums previously by other member and they're just as wrong now as they always were.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I sincerely hope you're right, but it appears that it is the only way to get an attention to this thread : it raises a question that has not been answered yet...

I don't mean to be rude, and I might understand your point of view (I think it may be politically justified), but why should you answer only to say that this kind of comment is "as wrong now as [it] always were", and not give a real answer to the questions?...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I sincerely hope you're right, but it appears that it is the only way to get an attention to this thread : it raises a question that has not been answered yet...
    The question being what, exactly? The original question was about the fact the Product Portal had gone walkabout for a short while.

I don't mean to be rude, and I might understand your point of view (I think it may be politically justified)....
    My answers and comments on these forums have never been known for being politically correct.

but why should you answer only to say that this kind of comment is "as wrong now as [it] always were", and not give a real answer to the questions?...
    The answer to the question was given in post #3 - there is a lot of work being done on ZCS 7.2 & 8.x and the bugs and RFEs and being allocated to those releases, this isn't some tiny application that can be done in a week-end - it takes a lot of organisation to get a major release (and that's what ZCS 8 is) ready for the general public. You also mentioned that the source code is provided 'only because the licence requires it', that's partly true but there's a lot more in the ZCS code base that's provided by Zimbra to integrate those components and they also release that., If you're concerned about the code then download it yourself and check it out - it's always been available (with a few minor hiccups).

These are Community supported forums and Zimbra has never pre-announced products, when there's something to tell you there will be an announcement from Zimbra. I know it's frustrating but you'll only get the same answer from any Zimbra employee until the day it's ready for release.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.