Thread: N-able RMM

Default N-able RMM

I am wondering if anyone can share their experiences with their Remote Monitoring and Management software. We recently have come on board with n-able(Network Monitoring | Remote Network Monitoring & Desktop Management), and are having difficulty with monitoring our ubuntu zimbra installs, one, SNMP is Not simple (or we are dumb) and we aren't sure how to use the zimbra snmp mibs to monitor the zimbra services, backups and queues. Two, n-able's agent is for red hat only, so getting it to work on ubuntu hasn't been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by tbovingdon View Post
    I am wondering if anyone can share their experiences with their Remote Monitoring and Management software. We recently have come on board with n-able(Network Monitoring | Remote Network Monitoring & Desktop Management), and are having difficulty with monitoring our ubuntu zimbra installs, one, SNMP is Not simple (or we are dumb) and we aren't sure how to use the zimbra snmp mibs to monitor the zimbra services, backups and queues. Two, n-able's agent is for red hat only, so getting it to work on ubuntu hasn't been successful.
    We like Nagios. You can use n-conf to simplify setup if you do not wish to hand-edit configuration files.

Hope that helps,
    Mark

What type of systems do you monitor Nagios with?

Quote Originally Posted by tbovingdon View Post
    What type of systems do you monitor Nagios with?
    Nagios monitors everything; Linux, Windows, Solaris.

For networking gear and networking traffic we use Cacti.

The learning curve is quite steep, which is why I recommend nconf to help get started. But Nagios does much more intimate monitoring than say, What's Up Gold.

Essentially, if the Nagios screen is green, we have a very high degree of confidence that the monitored system is presenting as fully functional to the end users.

Hope that helps,
    Mark