Thread: Error deleting domain

Default Error deleting domain

Hi,

I'm running Release 3.0.0_M4_62.RHEL4_20060124130403 CentOS4 and am having trouble deleting a domain. zmprov doesn't list any accounts or distribution lists, but when I try to delete the domain I get the following error:

[zimbra@bandersnatch root]$ zmprov dd hofo.com
    ERROR: account.DOMAIN_NOT_EMPTY (domain not empty: hofo.com)

There's nothing logged to zimbra.log on this error. Any suggestions on figuring out what's not empty in the domain? Am I going to have to start spelunking in the LDAP?

Thanks for any advice.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Try listing aliases and see if any of them are associated with that domain, use 'zmprov sa mail=*@domain.com' for the domain you're trying to delete.

You really should upgrade to a more recent release, there's been many improvements in Zimbra since that release.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    Try listing aliases and see if any of them are associated with that domain, use 'zmprov sa mail=*@domain.com' for the domain you're trying to delete.

You really should upgrade to a more recent release, there's been many improvements in Zimbra since that release.
    No joy. I tried "zmprov sa mail=*" to list all of the accounts, none of them are in hofo.com:

[zimbra@bandersnatch ~]$ zmprov gadl
    [zimbra@bandersnatch ~]$ zmprov gaa hofo.com
    [zimbra@bandersnatch ~]$ zmprov sa mail=*@hofo.com
    [zimbra@bandersnatch ~]$ zmprov gaaa
    admin@bandersnatch.hofo.us
    [zimbra@bandersnatch ~]$ zmprov gas
    bandersnatch.hofo.us
    As for upgrading, you're right this is an aging version. But to be honest, I'm more than a little afraid of trying to upgrade. I'm running this on a "vanity server" that hosts about 15 domains of friends and family, nothing earthshaking. But it's one box for everything: database (MySQL), web (Apache), and various web apps of different flavors. I had a touchy time getting this version installed and playing well with two versions of everything (Apache, MySQL) running on it and I'm not convinced that the upgrade script wouldn't nuke the whole thing. Maybe you can convince me otherwise. On the other hand, I'm growing tired of doing the sysadmin thing, especially for mail. I've been contemplating pushing everyone to Google Hosted Domains, especially since no one has more that 5 addresses in a domain.