Thread: Post migration email restore.

Exclamation Post migration email restore.

I had one week of night mare. One of my server had RAID crush and zimbra installation which worked for 2 years is broken.
    I was be able restore all most all with last zimbra version, except that old email, don't show up in webmail client, but I see all email under store folder.
    I red some documentation about it, but still confused "How to complete restore without break old emails".
    If possible to get some direction how to do right way that all old email can show up.

Code:
    [zimbra@XXXXX ~]$ zmcontrol -v
    Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.RHEL6_64_20110928134428 CentOS6_64 FOSS edition, Patch 7.1.3_P1.
    Last edited by volga629; 12-03-2011 at 09:26 PM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Describe in detail what was 'broken' on your server and what you've actually done to 'restore' ZCS on your server. Have you read some of the articles in the forums and wiki on Disaster Recovery?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default History.

This server was run on dmraid centos 5.4. On this server we had kernel crush because of problems to reinitialize the dmriad. Mail store was contain 15 internal mailboxes with emails.
    After crush was need reboot the server. I logged into recovery mode and copy out the zimbra folder in /opt directory. Unfortunately the raid error was unrecoverable. System was re installed to Centos 6 x86_64.
    To recover zimbra I did copy of the forder and copied to /opt directory and downloaded last version of zimbra, unpacked and started installation and it asked me if I want to upgrade and I answered "yes". All went through after second attempt because I for got clean SSL certificate and it was complain that certificate not match host name. After that all ran no error except that centos 6 use rsyslog and some reason zimbra stats logged data into both logs message and zimbra-stats. Zimbra running, web client working, and no problem with email flow. But old emails left in store directory I can see them when doing the cat on *.msg.

I red documentations about Disaster Recovery. Also few people suggested use zexstras to perform organized backup. I installed for right now trial version and it running each morning to perform backups on NFS mount.

I tried run some re index command like:

510 zmprov rim email address start
    511 zmprov rim email address status
    But it not really help and I want to know right way to recover old emails.
    Last edited by volga629; 12-04-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Add more detail.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Do I understand from your description that you previously had a 32bit install and now you've installed a 64bit version of Zimbra?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

No, The previous installation was x86_64 for production environment we not using i386 or 32 bit.