Last night I tried doing a 7.1.1 to 7.1.3 upgrade (7.1.1_GA_3196.RHEL5_64.20110527011124 to 7.1.3_GA_3346.RHEL5_64.20110928134520).

The first time it told me that my operating system was unknown (I'm running CentOS 5.6), so I re-ran it with --platform-override. This was after it shut down MySQL and tested the database.

Unfortunately, this process broke something. Zimbra wouldn't start at all. I restarted the upgrade with --platform-override and it completed the install, but Zimbra continued to fail:

Host localhost
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.
Starting ldap...Done.
Starting zmconfigd...Done
Starting logger...Failed.
Starting logswatch...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
zimbra logger service is not enabled! failed.
Starting mailbox...Done.
Starting snmp...Done.
Starting spell...Done.
Starting mta...Done.
Starting stats...Done.

Then I tried reverting back to my old version, but it said

Downgrading to version 7.1.1 from 7.1.3 is not supported.

I see this in the logs:

IOError: [Errno 2] File not found - /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/pylibs/conf$py.class (Permission denied)

-rw-r----- 1 root root 9149 Dec 6 02:50 /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/pylibs/conf$py.class

That's the same permissions as it had before.

I do have a backup of the mailboxes and the main/config ldap databases.

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have any ideas to move past this and get our Zimbra install back up and running?

2. Failing that, should I be able to revert by reinstalling 7.1.1 from scratch, importing the ldap database, and then importing the mailboxes?

Thanks,

Chrsi