Thread: forwarding and keeping a copy

Default forwarding and keeping a copy

What is the best way in Zimbra to deliver an incoming email locally and forward a copy to another account? e.g., say we have an zimbra account john@xyz.com, i would like each incoming email to be delivered to john@xyz.com and also forward it to john@hotmail.com.

In the admin UI you can create a forwarding account for that user.

I did that and the incoming message does get forwarded, however, the local zimbra account does not get a copy of the email.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    In the admin UI you can create a forwarding account for that user.

Default That is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by tron
    I did that and the incoming message does get forwarded, however, the local zimbra account does not get a copy of the email.
    If that account has a zimbraMailDeliveryAddress attribute, and the zimbraMailTranport attribute looks sane the local account should also get a copy.

The zimbraMailDeliveryAddress is set to the local user's email address and
    zimbraMailTransport: lmtp:white.soltec.net:7025

Is there something else I should be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by anand
    If that account has a zimbraMailDeliveryAddress attribute, and the zimbraMailTranport attribute looks sane the local account should also get a copy.

I haven't made any other changes but it appears to be working now. It is delivering to both accounts.

thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by tron
    The zimbraMailDeliveryAddress is set to the local user's email address and
    zimbraMailTransport: lmtp:white.soltec.net:7025

Is there something else I should be doing?

Default Forwarding can be applied without the knowledge of users ?

I have installed zimbra. I want the mails comes from , say xyz@yahoo.com to one of my user abc@mydomain.com, will come as it is, but without the knowledge of abc one copy will be forwarded to admin@mydomain.com. Is it possible?

Welcome to the forums,

Admins can set multiple forwarding addresses for an account by setting zimbraMailForwardingAddress.
    Admin console GUI > individual account > forwarding tab > forwarding addresses hidden from the user.
    Simply put one value in the 'forwarding addresses hidden from the user' and the option to 'add address' will appear so you can add another blank and so on (see attached pic).

Or via CLI:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraMailForwardingAddress hiddenforward1@domain.com
    zmprov ma user@domain.com +zimbraMailForwardingAddress hiddenforward2@domain.com

The end user can only set one value in their options/preferences (zimbraPrefMailForwardingAddress) which is a single valued in the LDAP schema.
    Side note: Making the user one multi-value really calls for having an admin settable limit on how many you are allowed. Be sure to vote on Bug 11299 - Allow user to set multiple forwarding addresses, need admin defined limit
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-14-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Default Forwarding rule only for a single remote domain

Thanks a lot for the help. My situation has been changed a little bit. I require, mails comes from a particular remote domain say yahoo.com to a particular user of my domain abc@mydomain.com will be forwarded to an account of my domain say admin@mydomain.com without the knowledge of abc and abc will get the mail as it is. Also when abc reply the mails a copy of those mail will also goes to admin@mydomain.com. Please help me to solve the problem.
    Last edited by unixashoke; 12-27-2007 at 07:19 AM.