Thread: Locating old moved mailboxes?

Default Locating old moved mailboxes?

While I was on vacation one of my co-workers used a mailbox move script that I wrote to move some mailboxes from one mailstore to another. Unfortunately, he did not purge them all - and did not record where the original mailboxes were located.

How can I locate any mailboxes that may have been moved but not purged from the old mailbox? (and what mailbox those old mailboxes reside on) ?

Really? nobody?

This thread is ancient, and hopefully you already found your answer, but since this comes up first in a Google search, I figured I better supply the answer here.

You can run the following on the command line on each server to find accounts that are no longer hosted on that server but haven't yet been purged:

Code:
    for i in `mysql --batch --skip-column-names -e 'select account_id from mailbox' zimbra`; do echo ga $i zimbraMailHost; done | zmprov | grep -v `zmhostname` | grep -B1 zimbraMailHost | grep '^# name' | sed -e 's/^# name //'
    It will (the way it's written above) only identify users that actually still exist in your LDAP. If the account no longer exists in LDAP but still has data on that host (i.e. it was moved somewhere else first before being deleted from LDAP) this script won't find it.
    Last edited by justdave; 08-09-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: major speed boost in script by changing the pipe order to zmprov

Quote Originally Posted by justdave View Post
    If the account no longer exists in LDAP but still has data on that host (i.e. it was moved somewhere else first before being deleted from LDAP) this script won't find it.
    Actually, I take that back, you'll get it in the form of an error like this:
    Code:
    ERROR: account.NO_SUCH_ACCOUNT (no such account: 11ec8d19-cdc6-40dc-9c1b-b91f9d0591b8)
    You can use that account_id to find it in the database. Make sure to get the mailbox ID out of the database first before you delete anything from the database, so you know which directory to delete out of store/ on the filesystem. It appears it has to be cleaned up manually, I can't get zmpurgeoldmbox to take the account_id as an argument.