Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Unable to determine enabled services from ldap, domain change, new cert

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Unable to determine enabled services from ldap, domain change, new cert

    Thanks for looking.

    I have a Zimbra single-server system that was working, but the box was relocated into a new network & domain, and after config changes I cannot start it. I would greatly appreciate any kind of assistance.

    Code:
    Host zimbra.a.b.com
            Starting ldap...Done.
    Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.
    I have correct permissions on /opt/zimbra directory tree, via chown and zmfixperms.

    zmcertmgr viewdeployedcrt and verifycrt self seem OK - I created a new cert and ca after configuring the new domain.

    host `hostname`
    zimbra.a.b.com has address 192.168.44.41

    dig a.b.com mx yields:
    Code:
    ; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> a.b.com mx
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 10433
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
    
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;a.b.com.                  IN      MX
    
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    a.b.com.           2592000 IN      MX      10 zimbra.a.b.com.
    
    ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    a.b.com.           2592000 IN      NS      zimbra.a.b.com.
    
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    zimbra.a.b.com.    2592000 IN      A       192.168.44.41
    
    ;; Query time: 1 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.44.41#53(192.168.44.41)
    ;; WHEN: Thu Jan 12 23:14:26 2012
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 83
    dig a.b.com any yields:
    Code:
    ; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> a.b.com any
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 34770
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
    
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;a.b.com.                  IN      ANY
    
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    a.b.com.           2592000 IN      SOA     a.b.com. hostmaster.a.b.com. 10118 43200 3600 3600000 2592000
    a.b.com.           2592000 IN      NS      zimbra.a.b.com.
    a.b.com.           2592000 IN      MX      10 zimbra.a.b.com.
    
    ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    zimbra.a.b.com.    2592000 IN      A       192.168.44.41
    
    ;; Query time: 2 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.44.41#53(192.168.44.41)
    ;; WHEN: Thu Jan 12 23:18:27 2012
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 130
    /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.44.41 zimbra.a.b.com zimbra

    /etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 127.0.0.1

    /etc/named.conf
    Code:
    options {
            directory "/var/named";
            dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
            statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
            forwarders {4.2.2.1;};
    };
    include "/etc/rndc.key";
    zone "a.b.com" {
            type master;
            file "db.a.b.com";
    };
    /var/named/db.a.b.com
    Code:
    @       IN      SOA     a.b.com. hostmaster.a.b.com. (
                                   10118      ; Serial
                                   43200      ; Refresh
                                   3600       ; Retry
                                   3600000    ; Expire
                                   2592000 )  ; Minimum
    ;       Define the nameservers and the mail servers
                   IN      NS      zimbra.a.b.com.
                   IN      MX      10 zimbra.a.b.com.
    zimbra         IN      A       192.168.44.41
    The system was previously running with hostname "zimbra.x.com". Prior to being aware to the guidance at this site, and in the admin manual, I replaced the hostname with "zimbra.a.b.com" in the following files:
    amavisd.conf
    ldap-scm.cf, -transport.cf, -vad.cf, -vam.cf, -vmd.cf, -vmm.cf
    log4j.properties
    swatchrc
    zmssl.cnf

    I used zmlocalconfig to change:
    Code:
    av_notify_domain=zimbra.a.b.com
    ldap_host=zimbra.a.b.com
    ldap_master_url=ldap://zimbra.a.b.com:389
    ldap_url=ldap://zimbra.a.b.com:389
    snmp_trap_host=zimbra.a.b.com
    zimbra_server_hostname=zimbra.a.b.com
    av_notify_user, smtp_destination, and smtp_source were not changed.

    At this point, I read the admin manual and ran zmsetservername - zimbra.a.b.com.

    I will respond quickly if additional information is needed. Thank you.
    Last edited by dr_java; 01-14-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to determine enabled services from ldap
    By abhiz in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:10 AM
  2. Unable to determine enabled services from ldap
    By gandhi.sanmugam in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 12:16 AM
  3. Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    By ykaho in forum Administrators
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 07:24 AM
  4. Problem Install Zimbra ver 5.0.4_GA_2101.F7
    By maman in forum Installation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
  5. [SOLVED] Install Problem in Ubuntu 6.06 Server
    By xtimox in forum Installation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •