Thread: Zimbra to Zimbra migration - Filtes, shares, admin auto-fw, user auto-fw etc

Threaded View

Default Zimbra to Zimbra migration - Filtes, shares, admin auto-fw, user auto-fw etc

Hello,

we are migrating data from 5.0.26 to 7.1.4. Unfortunately, our infrastructure does not allow for us to risk updating on the fly to version 6.0.8 and then use the zmztoz tool, for reasons of uptime.

So we have to go the custom way. I've scripted everything to carry from one installation to the other using the zmmailbox and zmmprov tools (imap sync is not the issue here).

The problem is that when exporting, for instance, filters, using either the long procedure (scripted zmmailbox for each account) or the short procedure

Code:
    for i in `zmprov sa '((zimbraMailSieveScript=*)(objectClass=zimbraAccount))'`; do zmprov ga $i uid zimbraMailSieveScript; done
    to create an output to import from, there is a huge problem where the characters are not latin, in my case greek.

The output strings are not readable and, as such, not importable...

The same is true for mailbox shares, if the folder names are not all latin or numeric.

Is there a way to fetch those pieces of data in a way that they would be readable?
    Last edited by stasouv; 01-28-2012 at 07:14 AM.