Thread: Move folder from one account to another

Question Move folder from one account to another

I can't find any answers on the forums so far. I have a user that deleted a folder from his outlook and emptied his trash. I restored his account through the web admin and used the "restored_name" option. I then shared the "deleted" folder with my user. But now I'd like to flat out move the folder of info from the restored account to his regular account.

Any ideas?

If he's already got it mounted as a shared folder, just do a select all and drag the messages into the other folder from his account. You could also do this from an IMAP client such as Thunderbird, Outlook or Mail.

imapsync is an awesome tool for this as well. The IMAP protocol supports an administrative login (you log in your an administrator's userid and password, then tell it to load someone else's account), and imapsync knows how to use it, so you can authenticate with your Zimbra administrator account and copy messages between the two user accounts. imapsync lets you limit the copy to specific folders, and you can use the regexp transform to put them in a different destination folder on the target account.

imapsync is not part of Zimbra. Most Linux distributions have it packaged though, so your package manager can probably find it. imapsync --help will give you all the options.