Thread: zmsoap & FolderActionRequest

Default zmsoap & FolderActionRequest

Hi-

I'm running the following command from the CLI and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Curve is my admin user. I've tried a bunch of different parameters and different orders, but keep getting same response. I'm trying to grant read access rights of a calendar owned by Curve to the user with the ZID mentioned below.

I'm new to Zimbra and suspect my syntax is problematic, but can't find much definitive documentation. Thanks in advance!

Pete

[root@zimbra bin]# ./zmsoap -z -m Curve -v FolderActionRequest/action id=257 op=grant zid=1e13dd60-11a0-4e06-a791-2bcc38023462 @perm=r @gt=all
    com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$ContainerException: cannot add children to element containing text
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$XMLElement.addEleme nt(Element.java:1236)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$XMLElement.addEleme nt(Element.java:1226)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.processPath (SoapCommandUtil.java:540)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.run(SoapCom mandUtil.java:396)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.main(SoapCo mmandUtil.java:573)

Look at Zmsoap - Zimbra :: Wiki

Ragards.

Hi ccelis5215,

Thanks for your reply. I read through the docs but still struggling to find success. I'm trying to use the FolderActionRequest soap function to setup sharing of a public calendar. From what I've read on this function it should work, but for the life of me, I can't get the syntax correct.

Basically I've got a user named 'Curve' with a public calendar identified by id=257. I'm trying to use soap to automagically provide other users access to Curve's public calendars. Other users would see a list of Curve's public calendars and be able to 'subscribe' to those calendars through a web page. Next time they login, they should see those calendars in their list of folders.

Do you know if this is possible? Is it possible with FolderActionRequest? Any other ideas on how to share public calendars in Zimbra?

Thanks!

Pete

Why don't just share the calendar via web UI?

Regards.

We use for administrative reasons, but in general, our users are not necessarily interacting with Zimbra through the standard web or desktop interfaces. I'm looking to present a simple list of all available public calendars and let users click on the link in order to 'subscribe' that that calendar, meaning they would see the calendar as a folder in their calendar client next time they log in.

Thanks for the fast reply,

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by vendors@curveos.com View Post
    Hi-

I'm running the following command from the CLI and don't seem to be getting anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Curve is my admin user. I've tried a bunch of different parameters and different orders, but keep getting same response. I'm trying to grant read access rights of a calendar owned by Curve to the user with the ZID mentioned below.

I'm new to Zimbra and suspect my syntax is problematic, but can't find much definitive documentation. Thanks in advance!

Pete

[root@zimbra bin]# ./zmsoap -z -m Curve -v FolderActionRequest/action id=257 op=grant zid=1e13dd60-11a0-4e06-a791-2bcc38023462 @perm=r @gt=all
    com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$ContainerException: cannot add children to element containing text
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$XMLElement.addEleme nt(Element.java:1236)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Element$XMLElement.addEleme nt(Element.java:1226)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.processPath (SoapCommandUtil.java:540)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.run(SoapCom mandUtil.java:396)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapCommandUtil.main(SoapCo mmandUtil.java:573)
    The command should be
    [root@zimbra bin]# ./zmsoap -z -m Curve -v FolderActionRequest/action @id=257 @op=grant @zid=1e13dd60-11a0-4e06-a791-2bcc38023462 @perm=r @gt=all