Thread: Zimbra IMAP not responding

Default Zimbra IMAP not responding

Hello,

I am having trouble with Zimbra IMAP. I have submitted a support ticket, but because it is Saturday, I may or may not hear anything back before Monday.

I thought I would write here in case anyone had any ideas. After a zmcontrol restart, the IMAP server is not responding. When I connect to the server I get an error saying 'server closing connetion; service busy'.

The mailbox log sated that the 'Thread pool is 100% utilized.' I increased the thread pool from 200 to 500 but this does not help. Immediately after restart IMAP is still not responding, and then it just takes awhile longer until I get up the the 100% utilization. I could increase this more, but the limit does not appear to be the problem IMAP threads are just not responding.

Webmail works fine. Outlook connector works fine. POP3 works fine.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated.

- Steven

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'm assuming this isn't about Zimbra Desktop (or is it?) which is where you've posted this, I'll move it to the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stillaway View Post
    Hello,

I am having trouble with Zimbra IMAP. I have submitted a support ticket, but because it is Saturday, I may or may not hear anything back before Monday.

I thought I would write here in case anyone had any ideas. After a zmcontrol restart, the IMAP server is not responding. When I connect to the server I get an error saying 'server closing connetion; service busy'.

The mailbox log sated that the 'Thread pool is 100% utilized.' I increased the thread pool from 200 to 500 but this does not help. Immediately after restart IMAP is still not responding, and then it just takes awhile longer until I get up the the 100% utilization. I could increase this more, but the limit does not appear to be the problem IMAP threads are just not responding.

Webmail works fine. Outlook connector works fine. POP3 works fine.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated.

- Steven
    Does the error message say 'exhausted' or 'utilized'? Have you looked at some of these threads (specifically the Performance Tuning article)? How long after the server starts does this happen? How many IMAP users on this server? How much RAM? How about updating your forum profile with the output of the following:

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Are there any other errors in the log files?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.